“Best location ”

Chipotle Mexican Grill
Ranked #32 of 91 Restaurants in Wheeling
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

I was testing a bunch of locations for a few months to see which spot was the best. The wheeling location won by far and must have the best cooks. The meat is always well seasoned and they give loving portions. They are all friendly faces and they all seem to love their job-not something u see often in a food chain. Either way, I go about once a week because I love it so much and cause it's right around the corner from me.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

I really like everything on their menu but usually opt for the burrito bowl. I appreciate that they use as much antibiotic free/hormone free food products and are somewhat "green".

I have always had great service at this restaurant and eat here several times a month. They are quick and friendly. Even at the height of lunch rush, the line moves pretty quick.

My only complaint is that sometimes my bowl sits while the end person is topping the customers food ahead. Which means I don't always get a hot, or even warm meal. Either that or the meat is not hot enough to begin. I wish they could figure that part out but it is still delicious and hasn't deterred me from making it a regular lunch spot.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

The employees here know how to work through a long line quickly and don't skimp on your food like I have had happen at other Chipotles. Lots of seating and kept very clean.

Reviewed 8 November 2015

The customer service was fine. There were five employees behind the counter. But like any other Chipotle (which we frequent often in other towns), food was assembled sloppily, (my burrito never falls apart at Moe's or Qdoba, just sayin') but it's tasty and I appreciate that they have many veg options.

What really struck me as soon as I walked through the door was how incredibly filthy and untidy this place was. It was Saturday afternoon, around 2pm, and it was not very busy. A few dining room tables were occupied by customers, and several were unoccupied. However, only two looked like the table tops had been cleaned off - the others still had visible chunks of food on them. There was also food and paper litter all over the entire floor of the restaurant - not just under one or two tables - but throughout the entire dining area. It was disgusting and I almost turned around and left as soon as I walked in, but my teen daughter was very hungry and wanted to stay.
So we ordered our food, went to one of the two tables we thought looked clean from the order line - but both tables had caked-on sticky food particles. My daughter and I used several napkins and water to clean the table ourselves before we sat down to eat.

Like I mentioned before, Chipotle cannot manage to teach their employees how to assemble a burrito properly (Having lived in Chicago and the suburban area for over two decades, Chipotle is the ONLY place in the area I've ever been that is guilty of this. It's unique to Chipotle, it seems.)
So, my daughter and I went to get a fork. Well, there were no forks at all left.
Again, about five people behind the counter - no one out in the dining room doing any much-needed cleaning, or re-stocking of supplies.

I normally don't like to leave negative reviews, thinking maybe a place has had an off day, but - this place was so dirty and icky, I felt it warranted a review.
This particular Chipotle is obviously poorly managed.

Despite my complaint about their burritos - and I usually get a burrito bowl, :) - I have enjoyed all of the other countless Chipotle restaurants throughout the upper midwest I've been to.
Like other Chipotle restaurants, the food here was tasty and freshly made.
It's just the dining room that was so unbelievably filthy...

Reviewed 21 September 2015

It's late and we needed a quick meal so the Chipotle was spotted. Gourmet "fast" and very filling and excellent value....