“Be Cautious Hilton Honors Memebers”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wood Dale
Cleveland, Ohio
“Be Cautious Hilton Honors Memebers”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Although the rooms are tired, the facility has been one I have used for several years due in large part to the renovation of the main lobby space. Located in a quiet piece of town but the bar area and restaurant provide services enough to make this a positive stay. I have spent $12,000 there in the past two years for my company, clients and vendors but I will be moving my business in 2012. I have had repeated issue with incorrect folios and accreditation to my Hilton Honors account. Despite many attempts with the local staff and General Manager - my issues continue to be unresolved.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I have to hand it to these folks - they managed a hotel full of hockey teams attending the Bauer Invitational without a blip. Great customer service and very helpful all the way around. Their patience was exemplary. Rooms were a bit small however to be called "suites" but they were clean and well taken care of. A few small gripes:

1) change the sheets daily. Don't tell me you're going green.
2) this is a former Wyndham and apparently the fridges were taken out. A suite should have a microwave and a fridge. These had neither.
3) Offer free wireless for those who aren't Hilton members (fortunately I am one)
4) Breakfast charges for kids are outrageous.

Other than that - I would recommend this hotel. They're working hard to make people happy even if the rooms are a bit dated and without extra amenities.

Breakfast was good but really expensive for what you get. If i'm paying $11 with my kids, I want more than the usual buffet. Cook something fresh!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I like this place a lot and have stayed several times, however, the rooms are in disrepair. Staff are great and very helpful. Restaurant dinners are good and the breakfast buffett's are excellent. But, it is high time they revamp their rooms.........here's a description of mine:
*I went through 3 rooms before I got one that had a working HVAC system
*The shower didn't drain so you get to stand in 2-3 inch's of water
*The rooms all smelled of cigarette smoke, even though I asked for a non-smoking room, apparently they allow smoking on the balconies so guess what? the smoke comes right into the room via the sliding screen door and stinks up the rooms.......all 3 rooms smelled of smoke.
*One of the rooms I was assigned had piles of cigarette butts in both corners of the balcony.....nice touch!
I wouldn't bring my wife here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
asd
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Loved this place -- in very quiet location once you get off the freeway (in warehouse area, but very green, with ponds, etc.). MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CAR to get around. If you do, the eating spots, petrol spots and even churches are all within a few minutes.
The actual hotel was great: smiling staff, and very helpful (well, except for one lady who never smiled once, no matter how hard I tried to make her). The hotel was clean, the washrooms and front lobby were huge; the open restaurant was well-utilized, and had a good menu. We made good use of the exercise room, and the swimming pools were kept pretty busy by other patrons as well.
The corridors are looooonnnng -- took forever to get to our car and back.
Felt like home; we were sorry to leave.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
APatenaude, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
c4c4c4-

We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Come back and see us again soon!

Adam Patenaude
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I loved everything about this hotel, except...no free wifi. I mean, really. Even McDonalds has free wifi

• Stayed August 2011
APatenaude, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
Gruber03-

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us! I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel. With regards to the WiFi; we do offer it complimentary for those Hilton Honors members who qualify. It is also complementary in the lobby, business center and restaurant.

Adam Patenaude
5.5 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
3.5 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
5.2 km away
Eaglewood Resort & Spa

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove? Share your experiences!