“Small, modern Thai restaurant worth the 30-minute drive”
Review of VIP Thai Cuisine

VIP Thai Cuisine
Ranked #13 of 54 Restaurants in Woodridge
Reviewed 12 December 2016

My wife and I had a hankering for Thai food last night (Wednesday night). Just before we left the house, we remembered that our usual Thai place (Chopsticks up by Fox Valley Mall) is closed on Wednesdays. So my wife went online and found VIP Thai Cuisine in Woodridge and we gave it a try. We were quite pleased. This little restaurant is tucked away in the corner of a two-story strip mall kind of building. Very nice, modern decorations inside with a silent TV and unobtrusive Asian instrumental music playing in the background. Only a few tables in the place. I only looked at the menu long enough to find my shrimp pad Thai and a Thai iced tea. My wife ordered chicken pad see ew with the same drink. We were both pleased with our dishes, which came out in like 5 minutes, BTW. And we tried each other's food and agreed that although both were good, the shrimp pad Thai beat out the pad see ew. The pad Thai came with 7 shrimps, which is usually the most I ever see served in that dish, so they were generous with that protein. I saw that they offered custard on its own, and mango and sticky rice, but not sticky rice and custard. I asked our server if they could put together a sticky rice and custard for me. They did, and it was quite tasty-both served hot, and on separate dishes. We ordered a panang curry to go, and we warmed that up for lunch today. It was tasty, too. Just enough spice to make you notice, and very flavorful.

I'm very glad we found VIP Thai Cuisine. Even though it's 30 minutes away, we'll definitely be going back.

There are newer reviews for VIP Thai Cuisine

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

I've actually been coming here for a few years now whenever I'm in the mood for something a little different. I am totally spoiled by this place. Since finding it, I've tried Thai at several different places and it has never compared. This place also turned me on to curry and Thai green iced tea. The Panag Curry is my absolute fav. This place is always fresh. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Really quite good and I plan on returning. Reasonably priced. There are some better options in the area in terms of taste but the service was friendly and our food came out quickly. Great portions too. Looking forward to trying other options.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

The place is located in Route 53 in Woodridge Illinois by Cinemark theater. It just happened that were in the area, and the place where we wanted to dine was closed. To start with the place was inviting, very clean, neat Thai decors, and friendly staff. Here comes the food.... We ordered the Thai green tea and it's awesome. Had chicken satay, crab Rangoon and there was something missing in the flavor & the sauce that comes with it is just OK. Here comes our dinner entree, 3 of us had seafood pad Thai- big portions with lots if seafood on it. I don't want to ruin the dinner by asking if how the food was till we get out of there since the place was small, they might overheard us. And everyone says the same- there is something missing in the flavor, another friend might be the fish sauce... I don't know but it sounds like it. And what about the price?? I asked their consensus- it's a lil overpriced.

If I will come back there again, maybe not. It was the last min. decision we made since we're in that area.

It looks like a lot of people dine there, and lots of take out I noticed. But it was just OK. It doesn't make me crave to come back. Hope my reviews help. Check it out for yourself so you'll know what I mean.

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

Daughters were craving Thai food and our favorite place closed...owner died This place came in a very close second. Pad Thai was almost as good but I am picky about my pad Thai. Not flour-y but needed a little more kick which you could add. Would go back !