All reviews lake michigan conference center restaurant staff indoor pool beautiful location balcony room dream wedding dining area enjoy the view wonderful weekend whole family outdoor wedding needed anything arrived within minutes hiking trails remodeled rooms perfect venue
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

This place is absolutely beautiful. I enjoyed my stay and the concierge Michael Garcia was so helpful. He explained the hours of the dining area, gave me a tour of the swimming pool and health club. He asked if there was anything else I needed and told me I could phone the front desk.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Great place to stay. So beautiful right on Lake Michigan. Nothing but happy helpful staff. Hotel is old but the update is nice and rooms were clean. I would definitely stay here again. We had a balcony and watching the sunrise is the best.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2018

My husband is somewhat disabled and feels he can not travel. I talked him into taking four days for us to relax here. It was perfect--beautiful lake to look out on, decent food, nice music in the dining room, wonderful service. We would go back.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018

We loved the views and sight of Illinois Beach Resort the first time we came to visit. We could not have imagined that the venue could get any better than the views, but it did. We had nothing but a wonderful experience from the first day we came to visit until the day we had to checkout after our wedding. Kim continually checked in on us and was very accommodating with all of our questions and ideas. The food was phenomenal--guests commented that the filet was cut with butter knives it was so tender and the almond encrusted tilapia was so good that people were licking their plates. The staff was so helpful and made sure to check in on my husband and I throughout the evening to ensure everything was up to par. I have never felt so doted on in my life! Our guests are still talking about how this was the best wedding they have ever gone to and it is because of the care and attention Illinois Beach Resort gave to us and our guests!

Room tip: Make sure to ask for room with a lake view when you reserve!
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LoveTravel642285
Reviewed 1 September 2018

The hotel is a bit worn at the edges, but still clean and the funky 60s decor is fun. New mattresses are definitely in order. My chief complaint is everything smells of Gramma's-house disinfectant. But the stunning setting and wonderful staff more than make up for these shortcomings. Get a balcony room if you can for the spectacular views over the lake.

Date of stay: August 2018