“Excellent Food”

Great Harvest Bread Co
Ranked #17 of 118 Restaurants in Crown Point
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Description: We make bread the way it ought to be. Fresh milled flour, only 5 ingredients in on our Honey Whole Wheat bread. Sweet and Savory breads made daily too. Stop in for a free slice of anything or, join us for lunch. Sandwiches spreads make all in house with fresh ingredients. Final result is a sandwich that tastes "amazing". Delicious soup and sweets to round out the meal. You will leave satisfied and amazed that a sandwich can taste SO good when made with fresh ingredients.
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

On our way to Indianapolis, my husband and I stopped in this cute town. He spotted this place and we checked to see if lunch was available. Yes! We each had a great sandwich on homemade bread and delicious soup. You order at the counter, then they bring the food to your table. We also bought a Mexican Chocolate cake to take home. Yummy!

sgj663, Owner at Great Harvest Bread Co, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Elizabeth, I am so delighted that you stopped in and enjoyed what we love doing every day.
I sure hope you make us a regular stop when traveling. Thank you for taking the time to post a comment.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Awesome experience, a typical sandwich shop environment with super friendly staff. The sandwiches are so good, I think it's the bread. Also the scones are great too.

sgj663, Owner at Great Harvest Bread Co, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you so much for noticing (and appreciating) our product and friendly staff. It takes an army to bake fresh every day and I appreciate each and every staff member and customer. Thanks for choosing us and we appreciate the time you took to post a review.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Well, once again I was more than happy with not only the friendly service, but also the new choices in the menu. Garlic cheddar chive biscuit with bacon, egg, and cheese? YES PLEASE! Sure beats the golden arches. Was surprised this was a "franchise" so I'm betting they have a lot to say about what is on the menu. Took a loaf of cinnamon chip bread and some salted caramel cookies home. Delicious! Wish I would have had room for a fresh baked scone. Keep up the good work Great Harvest!

sgj663, Owner at Great Harvest Bread Co, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you, thank you, thank you...so glad you made it back to us.
Actually, we are a "freedom franchise" which means...we can do what we want (for the most part). All GH bakeries purchase the same amazing Montana grown wheat what we all mill on site, ​however, menu items and a lot more are at the owner's discretion. Personally, I LOVE having control!
Thanks for noticing the difference in FRESHLY made and baked. Above all, we appreciate you visiting us. Hope to see you again SOON!

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Not a lot of choices for me to eat (I have some dietary & stomach issues), but nice staff & decent prices

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I frequently purchase their products for company and have created converts to them especially scones and cinnamon rolls (better than Cinnabun)

sgj663, Owner at Great Harvest Bread Co, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Thank you Antoinette. It is truly a team effort baking from scratch every day. We are always SO happy to hear when someone appreciates what we enjoying doing for you.