“Nice room, Great location”

Comfort Suites North
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Only stayed one night as we were passing through Indiana. The hotel is located behind a shopping mall and there are many stores and restaurants within a close diameter of it. The room was spacious and clean, the wifi worked well and there was a fridge, microwave, and coffee machine in it. If traveling through this part of Indiana again, I would stay here and recommend this to others as well.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Ruth-Manager, Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you had a good visit, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I have started to check TripAdvisor's reviews more recently. I have found that Choicehotels.com website makes it difficult to leave any kind of review. (Too many attempts to validate one is not a "robot"; this is a way to prevent both good and bad reviews).

With that in mind, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel if you are passing throughout the South Bend area.

We were greeted by a most helpful registration associate. We did have an issue with our tv (we are electronically challenged) and she was prompt in helping us with this issue. The registration process was seamless.

The hotel itself is very nice. We did not use the pool, spa, or fitness area but wish we had more time to make use of them. The complimentary breakfast was fine. We don't expect more than coffee and a continental type breakfast to start us off for a full day of travel.

The thing I really rate a hotel for is cleanliness. This hotel was very clean. The bathroom looked like it had just been cleaned. The linens on the bed had no creases on the sheets. The breakfast area was kept up. It felt as "clean" as a hotel room can feel.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face an apartment complex.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Decided to stay here based on TripAdvisor reviews. Great choice.
Beautiful spacious lobby and breakfast area and the whole hotel had that nice feeling of "clean".
Definitely recommended.
We used the pool and the hot tub, they were both nice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Ruth-Manager, Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you for giving us feedback on your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Also thank you for the nice compliment regarding the hotel, we always like to hear this.

Hope you and a great day and we see you again,

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I had a pleasant overnight stay at this hotel. When I arrived nobody was at the front desk and there was a sign that said to call the front desk. Someone answered and was down to check me in. She was very friendly and check-in was fast. My room was clean and beds were comfortable. I had a good night sleep and didn't hear much noise from other rooms. Breakfast was on par for all the Comfort Suites I've stayed at and the coffee wasn't horrible. I didn't get a chance to use the pool or hot tub. I'd recommend staying here for a night or two.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Ruth-Manager, Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We are pleased to hear that you had a nice experience and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Have a great day,

Ruth - Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here with our two children (10&12). We chose this hotel because it had an indoor pool/hot tub, and because it offered a "hot breakfast". We had to leave the pool shortly after we got there because of the insane amount of screaming/roughhousing kids, even kids in the hot tub screaming & playing. The breakfast was nothing to write home about. They said it was available until 10am, but when we got there at 9:00, just about everything was empty. I went to the front desk to ask if it was going to be replenished. No one was there. Instead there was a sign that said they were "helping other guests". We had to wait for the kitchen staff to refill the trays. Then came time to check out. I went to the front desk at 10:30, and STILL, no one was there. There were 3 housekeepers nearby cleaning up the breakfast area so I asked them what to do. They tried calling the front desk person and got no answer. The cleaning lady ended up taking my keys! Good thing I didn't actually need anything or have a problem! Very poor customer service!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Ruth-Manager, Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We are very sorry to hear that you experienced some issues while here. Sorry regarding the pool and hot tub, the only thing the staff could of done was go in and tell the kids to calm down so everyone could of enjoyed their time. I will talk to breakfast bar attendant and see how things got so low and why they were closing up early. Are you on the same time zone as us, this could be the reason for the bar being empty(just a thought), but I will check into this. If the front desk attendant was not at desk, then she was either in bathroom or up stairs helping a guest. Sometimes technology, cordless phone, will not pick up in certain stops/rooms of hotel.