“Poor business practice”

Comfort Suites North
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed 24 August 2017

A man made a reservation at this hotel by phone giving my credit card number. Checked in, not asked for a card or identification.
Police video confirm.
Called customer service, (an hour to talk to a person) transferred to the manager, Ruth, who insisted the hotel is not at fault.
Called customer service again, another long wait, to be told policies are set by each individual hotel.
No one taking culpability. No customer satisfaction.

Room Tip: You don't need identification or a credit card to charge a stay here
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Ruth-Manager, Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Diane,

We are truly sorry you got taken from this awful service center, but we got taken too in several different ways and we are suffering along with you. You were refunded the room and tax amount that was taken from your account but I don't feel we are responsible for anymore. This service center needs to pay restitution to you and us. Seems like the overdraft fees you could seek from them. I am going to try and get what is owed to us from them.

Once again, sorry that you and the hotel got taken on this scam.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Only stayed one night as we were passing through Indiana. The hotel is located behind a shopping mall and there are many stores and restaurants within a close diameter of it. The room was spacious and clean, the wifi worked well and there was a fridge, microwave, and coffee machine in it. If traveling through this part of Indiana again, I would stay here and recommend this to others as well.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Ruth-Manager, Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you had a good visit, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I have started to check TripAdvisor's reviews more recently. I have found that Choicehotels.com website makes it difficult to leave any kind of review. (Too many attempts to validate one is not a "robot"; this is a way to prevent both good and bad reviews).

With that in mind, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel if you are passing throughout the South Bend area.

We were greeted by a most helpful registration associate. We did have an issue with our tv (we are electronically challenged) and she was prompt in helping us with this issue. The registration process was seamless.

The hotel itself is very nice. We did not use the pool, spa, or fitness area but wish we had more time to make use of them. The complimentary breakfast was fine. We don't expect more than coffee and a continental type breakfast to start us off for a full day of travel.

The thing I really rate a hotel for is cleanliness. This hotel was very clean. The bathroom looked like it had just been cleaned. The linens on the bed had no creases on the sheets. The breakfast area was kept up. It felt as "clean" as a hotel room can feel.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face an apartment complex.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Decided to stay here based on TripAdvisor reviews. Great choice.
Beautiful spacious lobby and breakfast area and the whole hotel had that nice feeling of "clean".
Definitely recommended.
We used the pool and the hot tub, they were both nice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Ruth-Manager, Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you for giving us feedback on your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Also thank you for the nice compliment regarding the hotel, we always like to hear this.

Hope you and a great day and we see you again,

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I had a pleasant overnight stay at this hotel. When I arrived nobody was at the front desk and there was a sign that said to call the front desk. Someone answered and was down to check me in. She was very friendly and check-in was fast. My room was clean and beds were comfortable. I had a good night sleep and didn't hear much noise from other rooms. Breakfast was on par for all the Comfort Suites I've stayed at and the coffee wasn't horrible. I didn't get a chance to use the pool or hot tub. I'd recommend staying here for a night or two.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Ruth-Manager, Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We are pleased to hear that you had a nice experience and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Have a great day,