“Clean and Convenient”

Hilton Garden Inn Elkhart
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Very nice hotel for the money. Entire facility was very clean. The staff was friendly and knowledgable.

We didn't have breakfast there (the Red Barn is right in front of the hotel...I highly recommend the Mexican Omelet there), but it looked like an excellent set up with a lot of variety.

Did I say the place was clean.....even the grounds were well kept.

Only issue was there was only luke-warm water in the morning when I went to shower. I called the front desk and they said they would look into it and call me back. No one ever called me back, but I checked the water myself after @ 30 minutes and it was Hot, so the problem was fixed quickly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Chris N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that old management of this hotel did not respond to your review. Please know that I started at this property in late 2014 and if I can be of any service to you, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Hotel still smells brand new. We got the jacuzzi suite with breakfast and really enjoyed our stay. The wifi did not work so we used our own we brought with us. The adjustable bed did not work either (that WAS a disappointment). The hotel is in a good location with restaurants close by. We recommend the Chubby Trout and Bob Evans. We were on the ground floor and used the washer and dryer available. They also had a pool and gym. (Wish we had remembered our swimwear.) The view from our room was a wooded lot, which was a nice change from seeing a parking lot or other businesses.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 September 2011

I had my daughter's 13th birthday party at this hotel. The staff was very amicable. The rooms are very clean. My only complaint would be the small pool and there was no free breakfast (and when you are feeding a few starving 13-year-olds, breakfast IS mandatory). Overall it was a nice stay.

I also set up rooms at this hotel for business clientele. They are always pleased with the hotel and it comes with high recommendations. It is centrally located in Elkhart, and it is easy to jump on the toll road to get to the east or west side. There are several restaurants in the area to choose from as well.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 September 2011

A repeat trip to this location - wifi and the bath tub drain a wee bit slow; nice location, clean and would stay again!

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed 4 September 2011

The hotel was lovely. Great rooms. Pool was clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Thank god for The Golden Egg breakfast restaurant a stone's throw from the hotel. They had a great breakfast with amazing staff. The Hilton tried to charge for everything, breakfast, dinner, drinks, etc. Breakfast would have been something like $9/person. Silly. Don't waste your money there. Support the local businesses, such as The Golden Egg! Also, it was very expensive, but I guess it was Notre Dame Football weekend.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
laceybowen, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elkhart, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

We are so glad you found the hotel to be clean and the staff friendly! Thank you for your review, your feedback helps us to continue to improve. We are glad that you also enjoyed the golden egg and it was so convienent. We want you to enjoy your stay as much as possible therefore, next time you book please ask about our bed and breakfast packages which include our complete cooked to order breakfast and you won't even need to leave to hotel! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon.