“Don't let the outside fool you. The food is amazing.”
Review of Jade Garden

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 18 April 2012

When we pulled up to the building we had some reservations about whether or not we would eat there. But the staff was friendly and service was quick. We ordered sesame chicken and it was some of the best sesame chicken I've ever eaten. They even added broccoli at no extra charge. I highly recommend this place!!

2  Thank Madmaggie42

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I heard so much about this little place, just driving past and seeing the "voted # 1" signs in bright red makes you think you must give it a try. I went to the one on Johnson St. I had trouble figuring out how to get inside as it's an oddly situated building and the door was hard to open, but I'm pretty sure it was the owner who opened the door and welcomed me in. It has a tiny interior - I get the feeling this is more of a place where you want to order carry out. They seem incredibly relaxed there. The cooks were sitting at a table when I walked in and I'm pretty sure the owners were playing some kind of game on their computer or watching youtube videos which I found mildly entertaining. They clearly have fun there so if you're looking for a professional atmosphere... this is not the place. I liked it. However I did feel bad for a gentleman who waited patiently to place an order while the owner was showing someone else something on her computer and laughing. He didn't wait incredibly long but I would have been irritated. Foodwise, I tried something simple. The ingredients tasted fresh and there was a surprising flavor in it I didn't recognize - but it was very tasty. Now I want to go back and try more! I think I will get carryout tho.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I will never go there again. Wanted to try it because of the "great" reviews. I ordered sesame chicken and white rice and my daughter ordered shrimp fried rice. Well, it did not only looked bad it tasted horrible. I only took one taste and left everything there. Between my daughter and I we tried to eat her plate, but we just couldn't. I paid $17. I did not complain just told them I didn't like it when they asked if something was wrong. The waitress just looked at me and left.The girl at the register told me the owner was the cook that day. I really don't understand where all theses great reviews are coming from. It makes me wonder.

2  Thank judy g
Reviewed 14 March 2012

First, let me point out that there are TWO locations for Jade Garden.
While I think you will be pleased with food from either one, we have found on several occasions that the food we get from the location on Nappanee Street seems "fresher" than the location on Johnson Street. There is nothing wrong with the Johnson Street food, just not "as good as" the other.
The staff at both locations are great. Very friendly, always get our order correct, and very prompt. In fact, when I've walked in to place a "carry out" order and then sat down to wait, they have been generous to offer me some complimentary hot tea or a drink while I waited.
Also, and very important to us, both restaurants always look and smell clean.
Great staff, great food!

Reviewed 23 September 2011

This is our families favorite Chinese Restaurant. My 8 year old son when it is his turn to pick always picks Jade Garden. We had my son's first communion party with about 40 people. They had everything ready and I did not have to worry about anything plus is was very inexpensive. I love the Orange Chicken, my husband loves the sushi and my son loves the steamed rice and wonton soup. We know all the wait staff and feel like family.

1  Thank SBHARTE67