“Some good, some not so good”

Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed 19 August 2017

This is an older property and is a large hotel, very different than the new standard Holiday Inn's that are basically the same footprint as the Express's. As another reviewer has mentioned, it is not so pretty from the outside, but the inside is basically a huge atrium and has a nice open feeling. The hotel has been redecorated with the typical contemporary IHG style which I like, but the maintenance and upkeep seem to be lacking. The lobby carpet is filled with ridges where the carpet has stretched. This is really an easy fix by bringing in a carpet company to re-stretch it. When you let it go like this the seams start to deteriorate. I found the hallways by the room to be stained and not well cleaned. The room was nice and comfortable and the a/c was not intrusive or loud. The bar was large, but only had 2 TV's, so you had to sit in just the right place if you travel alone. There were only a few people at the bar, but the service was very slow and if I wanted anything I had to go and get the bartender. Not sure what she was doing. Hotels can make up for a lot of deficiencies with excellent service, but that was not be found here. At least during my stay.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are quiet based on the hotel design.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Stacie V, Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you, for your review. We apologize for the issues you encountered at our hotel. We strive to give all of our Guests 110% and apologize that we did not meet your needs. We will use your review as a learning tool and appreciate your feedback. We do hope you choose to stay at our Holiday Inn Airport, on your next visit and have the stay you deserved.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We stayed here one night while visiting family in town. I was a little underwhelmed by the exterior but inside is beautiful. We stayed in a room with a pool view and it was clean, comfortable and quiet. My husband went down for the breakfast and really enjoyed it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Stacie V, Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thank you, for choosing our Holiday Inn. We appreciate your business and overall satisfaction.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Surprisingly, there was a little bit of an upgraded breakfast experience with scrambled eggs, meat, fresh fruit, etc. And it was free...

The rooms have balconies into the interior courtyard where the pool and bar is. It's not a new hotel but it was clean and comfortable. Very convenient to the airport and has a free shuttle.

There's a good Japanese place very close and you can make it to just about anywhere in Evansville in about 15 minutes or less. I will stay here again in the future.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you had a great stay and enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The young lady at the front desk was very helpful and cheerful. It seems like a friendly place. A little worn but clean and comfortable. There's food available at the bar. It is a range and works. It is an easy location.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

We appreciate your business and kind words. We hope to see you again. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I stayed here four nights last year and loved this hotel. I had a balcony overlooking the indoor pool and a room that reminded me of hotels in the 1970s and in a good way. The restaurant was great last year and the bar was hopping with a duet playing singer-songwriter music. This year when I checked in the ladies at the front desk seemed absolutely indifferent to my being a guest here. My room was so hot when I went in that I had to turn the AC way down and go to the restaurant while it cooled down. The food in the restaurant wasn't bad but was expensive and very small portions. The microwave and mini-fridge in the room were pretty beaten up and the fridge had the remains of some large sticker on the door. The fridge was so noisy that I unplugged it. The luggage cart I used should have been thrown away years ago. One end was completely unattached and kept collapsing while I tried to push it. On a positive note the bathroom was spotless and the room was clean. The mattress wasn't new but it was comfortable and I slept well. In the future I'll stay here if the HI-E locations nearby are full. Not a horrible experience but the little things added up quickly.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Hello OldRetiredAndym

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport, IN. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about the bathroom cleanliness and the mattress.

However, on behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, room amenities and the luggage cart. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.