“Hotel took wonderful care of me!”

Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I booked at this hotel to attend a fandom convention. Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted by a very busy staff. I had to change my room as it wasn't going to work for my needs this trip. They quickly took care and found a way to move me during a capacity weekend and instead of making me walk down for my new keys, they had a staff member bring them up to me.
The hotel is older, however, it is taken care of, clean, the rooms were spacious and the staff were swift to resolve issues I had upon check-in. Also, the morning breakfast staff deserve a round of applause as they kept the breakfast items well stocked on a sold out weekend!
I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms that face the open atrium area, are stocked with ear plugs, should guests desire. I had no pr...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Stacie V, Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time at your convention and our hotel. We appreciate all of the kindness. Thank you, for your business and hope to see you next year.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I was hoping for much better after speaking with the friendly front desk staff. Staff were exceptional upon check-in.

Room itself, unfortunately had many signs of being overlooked and older. No attention to detail, sadly:

1) Prominent mildew smell in room

2) Wallpaper coming apart from the wall in 6 places in bathroom ( bubbling)

3) Room chairs with ripped edges

4) Carpeting was not clean and looked very old.

5) Wall vent for AC looked as if it were coming apart from the wall. Screws missing from vent.

Disappointing and not up to expected IHG standards. I travel a lot for both business and pleasure, and the lack of attention to this old property would keep me from staying there again.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank JDtravel1
Stacie V, Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you so much for your review. I apologize that you received a room that obviously needed attention and we missed it. I am so sorry, as we strive to exceed our guests expectations and definitely fell short. We would love to make your stay right and for you to give us another chance. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

This is an older property and is a large hotel, very different than the new standard Holiday Inn's that are basically the same footprint as the Express's. As another reviewer has mentioned, it is not so pretty from the outside, but the inside is basically a huge atrium and has a nice open feeling. The hotel has been redecorated with the typical contemporary IHG style which I like, but the maintenance and upkeep seem to be lacking. The lobby carpet is filled with ridges where the carpet has stretched. This is really an easy fix by bringing in a carpet company to re-stretch it. When you let it go like this the seams start to deteriorate. I found the hallways by the room to be stained and not well cleaned. The room was nice and comfortable and the a/c was not intrusive or loud. The bar was large, but only had 2 TV's, so you had to sit in just the right place if you travel alone. There were only a few people at the bar, but the service was very slow and if I wanted anything I had to go and get the bartender. Not sure what she was doing. Hotels can make up for a lot of deficiencies with excellent service, but that was not be found here. At least during my stay.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are quiet based on the hotel design.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Stacie V, Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you, for your review. We apologize for the issues you encountered at our hotel. We strive to give all of our Guests 110% and apologize that we did not meet your needs. We will use your review as a learning tool and appreciate your feedback. We do hope you choose to stay at our Holiday Inn Airport, on your next visit and have the stay you deserved.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We stayed here one night while visiting family in town. I was a little underwhelmed by the exterior but inside is beautiful. We stayed in a room with a pool view and it was clean, comfortable and quiet. My husband went down for the breakfast and really enjoyed it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Stacie V, Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thank you, for choosing our Holiday Inn. We appreciate your business and overall satisfaction.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Surprisingly, there was a little bit of an upgraded breakfast experience with scrambled eggs, meat, fresh fruit, etc. And it was free...

The rooms have balconies into the interior courtyard where the pool and bar is. It's not a new hotel but it was clean and comfortable. Very convenient to the airport and has a free shuttle.

There's a good Japanese place very close and you can make it to just about anywhere in Evansville in about 15 minutes or less. I will stay here again in the future.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you had a great stay and enjoyed the breakfast buffet.