“Nice place if you are not handicapped”

Holiday Inn Express Fremont
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 9 February 2017

Asked for handicapped room with two beds. Looks like a great place however they might as well say that there are no handicapped room there. There were only 10 cars in parking lot but my room was on the second floor and 1/8 mile(it seemed like it) from the elevator. The only handicapped feature in the bathroom was one handle on the tub-shower wall. The beds were very very plush. They were sooo tall that I an 6'3" and my feet were 6" off the floor. You had to use the chair just to put your shoes on. Great beds if you were young and could jump. The manager say they had expanded so the handicapped rooms were in the new far away portion and it was very clear that they did the minimum to comply with the handicapped law.

Room Tip: Get one close to elevator
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Dear Phil L,

Thanks for bringing your concern to my attention and choosing to stay at our hotel. I am pleased to see your perfect ratings for our convenient location, clean rooms and service from our hotel staff. On the other hand, it is disconcerting to learn about the issue with the accessibility of your room on top of the it's general comfort. Please know that I've reached out to you privately to learn more about the specific details and to know how to avoid this down the road.

It has always been our goal to provide complete guest satisfaction. I am hoping that you can find the time to get back on my message.

Warmest Regards,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Upon arrival there wasn't anything that stood out. Very plain and basic in appearance. Checked in with Briana who was pleasant and helpful. Room wasn't quite ready which I didn't mind. Briana gave me directions and recommendations for groceries and local restaurants.
When I returned the room was ready. The room was like the exterior very basic and the bathroom is very dated.
Large dining area.

I stay 200 nights a year in 130 hotels. The reason I write these reviews are mostly for the patrons. Hopefully this will allow owners/management to improve their hotel and staff.

Nights stayed-1
Will I stay again:
Possibly

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2016

We were driving through and stopped off at this location on our way to Thanksgiving. The hotel has not been renovated yet, but this location was more expensive than other locations we've been to, without the typical amenities.

The guy at the front desk was nice enough, but the hotel seems old and was just underwhelming compared to other properties we've stayed at through this chain.

There was a young family staying across the hall, and we could hear them every time they would come and go from their room.

For the money, it didn't seem like a good value and didn't live up to the rest of their locations. We won't be staying at this location again.

Room Tip: Try a different location
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Dear JensenDavis,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. While we are pleased with your kind regards toward the level of service rendered by our hotel staff members including our location serving its purpose for your travel needs, it is regrettable that you only found our hotel at its average best. Rest assured, we take our guest's comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 29 November 2016

2 days before Thanksgiving we had been driving for about 9 hours, stopped for dinner and then were looking for a comfortable and clean place to stay. The hotel was easy to get to. This Holiday Inn had very good reviews so we walked in about 10 pm and asked for a room. The friendly clerk gave us a discounted rate and placed us in a 1st floor room. I was initially worried that it would be noisy but the room was not too close to the lobby so we didn't hear any noise.
The updated hotel was very neat and clean.
Our room was clean and had been recently updated. The bed was comfortable (we had 2 queen beds but only used 1).
In the morning the lady who ran the breakfast couldn't have been nicer and even gave us advice about traveling to Chicago - no show, sleet or rain. We were glad we got to breakfast early (before 8 am) because when we left there were quite a few people and the food was running out though it was being replaced.
I would stay here again and recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Myself and 5 other employees stayed at this hotel for two weeks in October. The stay was very nice. Friendly staff, clean rooms, good breakfast! Not too far from Angola and not far from many local parks and lakes. Also has an outlet mall directly across the street.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
0.7 km away
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Fremont
35.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Howe

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fremont? Share your experiences!