“Wonderful”

Holiday Inn Express Fremont
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I've been coming here for a few months now and this is hands down one of the best hotels I've ever been too. Warm staff great room and get atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Nancy D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Josh B;

Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Safe travels.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Stopped here for 1 night on a trip. The front desk staff were very friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had a jacuzzi tub right in the room which was sort of weird but would be a great way to relax if you wanted. There was also a mini fridge and microwave. No closet, so the ironing board hang on the wall and your clothes hang on a rack. View out the window was peaceful looking out to a lawn and line of trees (I believe there is a farm on the other side). All the way around it was quiet here. We even had a room on the first floor near the facilities and did not hear a thing (although to be fair, our stay was short).

Bed and pillows were comfortable. We did not use the gym, but it had your basic equipment and the room was bigger than you sometimes see in a small hotel. The pool also looked inviting as it sat near the lawn and trees on the side of the hotel and parking lot. The dining area was comfortable and had a nice patio off the back and I saw a grill there.

The hotel was right next to outlet shops that were close enough for an easy walk.

Breakfast was your basic HIE breakfast with coffee, tea & hot chocolate, cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, apples & bananas, scrambled eggs, mini omelets, toast, pork and also turkey sausage, biscuits and gravy, and warm cinnamon buns. I had an omelet with turkey sausage and a little bit of sausage gravy. I felt that the temperature of the food was not very warm and later that day after a lunch and then again after dinner, I experienced some "intestinal distress". While I have no way of knowing, I feel that the luke warm temperature of the food is probably not enough to ward off bacteria growth and that the turkey sausage or gravy was likely to blame. Thankfully I was fine the next day, but regardless I think they should be keeping the food at a higher temperature.

Room Tip: A room on the back side of the hotel will have a nicer view than front which would look out to the p...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Nancy D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear AOK2;

Thank you for your review. We are glad you were able to rest and enjoy your stay albeit a short one. As for the breakfast issues, we will address the concerns directly and see if there were any mitigating situations to have caused luke warm foods that day. Safe travels and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We stayed in this hotel on our way to Chicago from Ohio. The family suite has a King size bed and a bunk bed. It worked out great for our family of 5. The room is very big with a full size refrigerator and a microwave. It's a bit dated but clean enough. Breakfast is free but the food was just ok.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Nancy D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear AHSU18;
Thank you for choosing us for your stop over. We have many new and exciting changes coming for our breakfast! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Credit Heidi at the front desk for garnering an extra star from me. My wife and I actively seek HIE properties for short "highway" stays. We picked this property due to its proximity to Pokagon SP where we were photographing a wedding. Check in went smoothly. But when we entered the room-it felt humid and about ten degrees warmer than the hall outside. The window AC unit was at its lowest setting and no cold air was coming out. Strike one. To their credit, a tech was dispatched immediately to our room. He looked at the unit then told us he had replaced the thermocouple three times and even swapped out the actual AC before. So if that's true, why didn't he inform the front desk that this room's AC still didn't function so they could take it out of rotation? Strike two. But-the front desk immediately changed our room without question. Good recovery. The room category that we chose has a large jetted tub and king bed. It was comfortable enough-but the carpet and furnishings did seem rather dated compared to other HIE properties we've stayed at recently. I've read other comments about water quality. We had no such issues. This hotel puts out fresh cookies at 6pm. I assumed it's for guests. But the experience I had at the cookie "event" made my jaw drop. The warm treats arrived and were placed at the check in counter. I went to nab a chocolate chip for me and an oatmeal raisin firm my wife. The hotel provides tongs to pick up your cookie. So as I'm getting my cookies, here comes a cleaning lady and reaches into the pile with her bare hands. I say WHOA and offer her the tongs. She keeps grabbing and I say USE THE TONGS! But she ignored me saying she "didn't have time." Look. If I'm at home with my family and put out a plate of cookies-we don't use tongs. But this is a different situation. Had this woman just had her hands in a toilet bowl? And what's more...who are these cookies for? Guests or the hired staff? Really bad practice. The manager (I assume) gave a cursory apology to me and rebuff to the employee who toddled out with her cookie. Enter Heidi. She showed actual shock and remorse for what happened and took the cookies away and promised to bring out a new clean batch in 20 minutes. We chatted with Heidi and got some dinner recommendations and her suggestion of nearby Timbuktoo's was a winner. Heidi's genuine smile and concern for our stay was greatly appreciated.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Nancy D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Sir;
We can not apologize enough for the event and have severely reprimanded the staff member that breached protocol. We did immediately pull the cookies and replaced with fresh baked for you and our guests, sanitizing the dispenser to ensure its cleanliness. This is not our normal practice of allowing staff members the benefits of guests and have taken steps to ensure it will not occur again. Thank you for your additional feedback on the guest room conditions and will address them with the staff to make sure they are rectified. We do hope you will visit us again so we may prove our commitment to quality lodging and service. Our deepest apologies that things were not as they should have been.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here while passing through to Michigan. Water tasted foul in bathroom. I had my wife and children with me and did not feel comfortable with the other guests in the lobby. In fact, I didn't feel totally safe overall as I heard arguing coming from a room across the hallway. One guest just randomly began talking to me and my 3 year old (who was immediately creeped out by this man). Safety and security should be the top priority for improvement for this hotel. Will not stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Nancy D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Tyler G;

We are thankful for your candid review. Most of our guests are here to rest and relax at many of the local lakes and campgrounds. I can assure you we are safe and secure at this facility with camera surveillance in our lot and public areas. We must always be diligent in the security of our guests and ensure their comfort. We do apologize that was not the case for your family. Most of our guest are friendly, openly conversing with other travelers as would be expected in our small town community.
We have a large amount of repeat guests that feel our location is like a second home and therefore not as guarded with starting up a conversation with strangers. Again we can assure you this is a safe and very friendly location.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
0.7 km away
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Fremont
35.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Howe

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fremont? Share your experiences!