“Old Faithful”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We really enjoy Carinos in Greenwood. You get decent value considering the portion sizes. It's not the best Italian Restaurant but it's a little different from some if the cookie cutter dishes at Olive Garden. Go on Monday night for great Family meal discounts. The service has been ok recently but nothing to earn 5 Stars.

Most recently on a Monday night we did carry out which worked out well also.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

The place was practically empty a a party of 7 were seated in a half booth with uneven tables. We should have asked for another table but we're a group that does not make scenes. I have ordered flat breads often and today it was very disappointing. Service be was good but we had to chase the server down to pay the bill. The restaurant was almost empty for a Sunday afternoon.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Great restaurant! I really enjoyed the ambiance and the food. I was a bit concerned when a gentleman who claimed to be the owner started trying to feed me, not wanting to be rude, I let him. Half way through he grabbed a handful of my spaghetti, pocketed it and ran out the door. Definitely the weirdest meal of my life but that was some darn good spaghetti. 8/10 would eat there again.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Came here with a friend for her birthday lunch when we discovered the restaurant we really wanted to go to, didn't open until dinner time. We had to wait several minutes for a hostess to show up at the stand and seat us. They were not busy as this was before noon. Our server was good, he just seemed really rushed. They brought us bread and dipping oil with garlic in it, delicious. I had a flatbread with chicken and sundried tomato on it. It had good flavor and was just enough for 1 person, it was on the smaller side. My friend got the cheese baked tortellini and loved it. Both our meals were on their special cheaper smaller portioned lunch menu. And she was given a free sundae for her birthday. Thank you!

1  Thank dshendri
Reviewed 10 April 2017

We went on a Sunday evening and were seated promptly. Our server was attentive and personable. However, the kitchen was so slow and not a lot of patrons so I am not sure what the hold up was. We ordered nachos with chicken and sausage (recommended by the server), a skilletinni (with chicken and sausage) and chicken fettuccine. The nachos were actually really good but there was no sausage to be had. The Skilletinni was also missing the sausage. We asked our server and found out they had run out of sausage earlier when someone bought a bunch of sausage links. My chicken fettuccine was the blandest I have ever had in my life. The jar I get at the grocery store had more flavor. Again, our server was great but I doubt we will be back because the food was below average.

Been to Johnny Carino's Italian Grill? Share your experiences!