“Inconsistent ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This used to be one of my favorite chain restaurants, but I’m becoming less and less interested in returning, especially to the Greenwood location.

I regularly get the Bowtie Pasta, which usually has diced onions that I don’t mind even though I don’t like onions that much. This time, however, they were cut into large chunks that made the dish taste overwhelmingly of half-cooked onion.

There also seemed to be various cross-contamination issues. The bread tasted off, maybe a bit like it had picked up a bit of a meat taste (especially a problem since we had some vegetarians in the group). When we ordered soft drinks, the first ones were fine. However, everyone’s refills tasted like Parmesan cheese...not a combination I ever need to try again.

The edges of the desserts tasted freezer-burnt. They were dusted in so much cocoa powder that everyone was coughing and sneezing from inhaling it.

Finally, we came shortly after opening, and the trash cans in each stall were overflowing...suggesting that the bathroom hadn’t been fully cleaned the night before.

The only reason I’m rating this as high as I am is that I’ve had better experiences here. However, these problems seem to be the new normal.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Took the staff for Valentines lunch. Service was excellent given the large group and one server. Food is good here and a nice change up. The garlic bread is excellent as well as the variety of soups. Salads are less generic that Olive Garden. Unfortunately they don’t have near the business. Not a place I go on any regular basis.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

We stopped in for dinner while on a trip. I would go back if I happen to be in Greenwood again. My meal was good, but the other people in my party really enjoyed their meal. I was a bit under the weather. I listened to the other people talk about their meals and wished I had felt better.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

The food is great and the drinks are really good. Casey makes the best chocolate martinis. The spicy shrimp and chicken bow tie pasta with artichokes and extra spicy is amazing. The family size portion is great for all four of us and still have some leftovers. Stop in and try it. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Bored with all our regular lunch places we decided to give Carino’s a nod having experienced mixed reviews there in the past. We all had the soup salad and bread all you can eat similar in price to Olive Garden. Found the salad fresh and a nice selection of dressings. Both the chili and minestrone were delicious. Impressed enough to come back again next week. We were not greeted at the door sat ourselves in the bar where the service was average but adequate.

1  Thank scott1102