All reviews outdoor pool free breakfast beds were comfortable gentlemen's club excellent stay great place to stay musty smell business trip fridge and microwave front desk staff night stay clean hotel easy access miles flooring chicago highway
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I travel a lot for business and pleasure. I normally find little things wrong and they don't bother me, but this time a lot of things bothered me. I would have been better off at the Motel 6 next door. I was looking for a place that had a pool and a place to have a couple of drinks after being outside for 9 hours a day and not have to drive back to my hotel so I selected Best Western. I wish they would have told me their bar was under rennovation before I booked. I left in the morning and informed the front desk that I had about 300 aunts in my bathroom and the toilet didn't flush and was flowing at the top of rim. The front desk told me maintenance would get on that. I came back at 7 pm and their were still ants in my bathroom and the toilet did not work. I went to the front desk to let them know and they told me there was nothing they could do because maintenance was gone for the day. So I stood their and he said nothing else, so I said " so this means I can't use the bathroom at all tonight", and the guy at the front desk agreed with me. I stood there and yet he said nothing else, then I suggested, " could I possible get another room". I felt I was inconveniencing him from his busy doing nothing just sitting there. He then gave me a new room with no, I'm sorry about this or that. He just handed me a new key and said nothing and went back to sitting on his chair doing nothing. I would really like a refund for my stay. I could have saved $120 staying at the motel 6 next door and had better service.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwnwi, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Dear Mr. B:
I am sorry for the lack of Hoosier Hospitality you received during your stay. Just as in your own home, we occasionally have unwelcome pests, that are brought in by opportunity, or nature. No one wants unwanted guests, and we are no exception. The first thing we should have offered you immediately is a new room. We then could have fixed the issue, without inconvenience to any guest. Sometimes , in a full house situation, we cannot do this. In your case, on this date, it was possible. I refunded one day of your stay and sent you an apology. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you whenever your travel plans call for overnight accommodations.
Best Regards

Reviewed 30 July 2016

Nice place, stayed only 1 night with my 2 kids.
Quiet, near the highway and 30 minutes to downtown Chicago.
The area the hotel is located in is a little industrial but if you are just sleeping here its just fine. Great outdoor pool, clean inside and out.

I would stay here again if I had to.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that you had a good stay. It is our goal for every guest to feel warm and welcome. Please stay again. Our breakfast will begin before the end of the month. It is the number one requested item, and we listened.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

I was very pleased with my 2-night stay. We arrived early and to our surprise; the young lady at the desk was very friendly - pleasant and allowed us to check in. The Inn was very clean. Very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thank you so much for responding. While undergoing our renovation, dust has not been our friend. We try very hard to maintain conditions, and its nice that you notice.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

The guest rooms and the service were very good. It felt like there was no A/C in the halls or elevator. Would stay here again. Walls were very thin; I could here things in the guest rooms while walking in the hall.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am so sorry that you felt the walls were thin. We are actually cinder block construction, no wood, so most people find our rooms quiet. Sometimes the guests can be heard through the door. If that is the case , you can always contact the desk, and our staff will ask the offending guest to quiet down. Even though we installed a separate A/C for hallways, I too sometimes find it hot in the Summer months.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Booked this hotel as its right off the interstate and the price was right, located in an industrial area reachable by a poorly paved access road, but the front desk staff reported there is 24 hour security and the desk is open 24 hrs, so we stayed. Hotel is older, our room had been nicely renovated, renovations continuing near the lobby. There were signs apologizing for the noise and dust, but we didn't see any! The older design was nice, all rooms far from the elevator, walls thick- we had a very quiet night. The beds were comfortable, the linens and towels very good quality, and the room super-clean. One of the reviews suggested asking for a pool view room which we did- the pool and pool area looked very nice. We were leaving very early to get through Chicago, but the coffee bar in the lobby is replenished all 24 hours and a "Grab n Go" breakfast is available at 6 am. There are several restaurants at the other end of the access road (we went to Cracker Barrel when we got in). There is a hotel restaurant but we didn't use it. Hope they do well so the whole hotel can go no-smoking. Our room had no odor but the hotel corridor had a faint cigarette smoke smell. The housekeeping staffer we met was very nice and the place looks very clean. We will stay again.

Stayed: July 2016

Thank you , Thank you, Thank You!
When a guest takes the time to give a positive response, it is a treasure that we truly appreciate.