“Good Hotel”

Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed 8 December 2017

First of all, this is a good hotel. Just from my experience from staying at several Courtyards around the country this year, I wish the rooms were updated. The television was very frustrating as it was still using older technology and not the updated technology which allows one with Netflix/Hulu to use their accounts. Rooms were clean and large. Lobby is very nice and updated. Just didn't match the rooms. Check in was a breeze and the person that checked me in was extremely nice. All staff I encountered for the week were great. I would still recommend this hotel without any hesitation

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Mike, Thank you for sharing your feedback so that we can continually improve the guest experience. We're pleased to know you enjoyed your overall visit, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I was impressed by the fast check in and very friendly staff. The room was clean and comfortable. I went to the convenience area to get a drink and they let me have it for free. That was a nice surprise too.
I would definitely stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Gina, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We're so happy to know it was a great hotel experience for you! We enjoyed your visit and welcome you back whenever you are in the area again.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Wanted to get away for my Birthday. Hubby took me to this hotel. I am somewhat handicapped and was pleasantly surprised with the amenities. The room was perfect for a romantic stay OR a place easy accessible for the handicapped. Every employee went out of their way to make our stay awesome. Especially Shelli W! She delivered my hot Starbucks coffee, so I would have it when I woke up. Who does that?? The bed and pillows were perfect, which surprised me. I usually bring my own pillow, because I'm so fussy. The handicapped shower was like nothing I'd ever seen. Easy access for a wheel chair. We stayed for two days so we could check out some of the shopping on Rt.30. There is plenty to do! There is a great Cracker Barrel next door if you miss breakfast service. Even though we weren't too far from home, we felt like we were on vacation. The only negative I could find, is the fridge was on the small side, but if you bring a cooler, the staff will fill it with ice for you. Great place, awesome staff! We will be going back!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. Room 101 was great.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

sand1k2017, Thank you for sharing details from your recent stay. We really appreciate the five star rating and are so glad to read that it was a wonderful hotel experience for you! We would love to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

The room are the same size of the other Marriott and it had breakfast the room look old spots on the curtain floor The edge was missing the bed on the bottom of the bed was old looking and dirty why pay that much for so little

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Shelli W, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Merle,

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves in proving clean and friendly hotel for all our guests. Unfortunately, we missed the mark on your stay with us. We have shared your feedback with our team.

Shelli W.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Judy Bard is terrific in helping me book any type of room, for business or for personal travel. I am trained in customer service so I am very critical when it comes to how I and my guests are treated and Judy and her staff surpass my expectations every time.
Last winter when the roads were closed due to a blizzard and I could not make it home, Judy was there for me to find me accommodations close to work. I'm sure she was overwhelmed with other travelers in the same situation but Judy didn't show it - she helped me with a smile!

Judy is simply the best and she rocks!

Room Tip: I have not had or seen a bad room in any of three Marriott hotels
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

SierraSuz2017, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, and thank you for acknowledging our team here on property! Our staff takes great pride in providing our guests with an excellent experience, and I will be sure to let Judy know she positively impacted your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another wonderful experience!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
0.5 km away
7.7 km away
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
8.1 km away
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN? Share your experiences!