“Great Building! Good Food!”
Review of Yolk - Ironworks

Yolk - Ironworks
Ranked #266 of 2,501 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$12 - US$22
Description: Great food, unique dishes and fantastic service all delivered to you with a smile. That’s the Yolk experience.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I came here for breakfast on a Sunday morning. I’ve heard so much about Yolk but skipped it in Chicago, so I had to eat here when I was in Indianapolis. I chose this location as it was on my way back to Detroit from downtown Indianapolis. I was surprised to see how awesome the iron works Building that Yolk was a part of was. The building and the adjacent hotel were both magnificent! It’s like something you would find out of a steam punk movie! I was immediately seated at the counter where I ordered the pot roast eggs Benedict. It came out within a few minutes and it was good. Not as good as I was expecting as I’ve had better eggs Benedict, both in Detroit and Mississauga. But it was still good. The hollandaise sauce could’ve been stronger to give the Benedict more flavor. Whenever I visit Chicago, Texas or Indianapolis again, I’ll probably come back to Yolk and try their other items.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

This one is relatively new. And they do not do much advertising so I just happened to see it. Very comfortable casual friendly place. There are a number of breakfast and lunch only places in the area. But Yolk's menu is a bit more creative than most. And maybe a tad more expensive. But very good. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

A great place to grab coffee and a relaxed brunch. My work team met there and had a hearty brunch with lots of coffee. Wish I had more time to sample more items!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Crowded upscale diner atmosphere, somewhat chaotic, tables and booths. Breakfast menu and some sandwiches. We went on Sunday morning, 3 adults and 2 children. I had the corned beef hash with 2 eggs and English muffin, my wife pancakes, and juice, my grandson pancakes and berries, my son an egg sandwich, and my granddaughter had scrambled eggs and berries. The kids ate all their berries, I ate 2/3 of my hash and eggs, my wife ate one-third of her pancakes that she judged tough. $65

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Bright and airy, this egg-oriented breakfast and lunch place has some very interesting items. My wife and I split a turkey reuben and upgraded the fries to 'onion chips.' We had plenty for a nice lunch. Onion chips are pieces of onion fried like onion rings but much easier to eat. Nice place, although service was a bit understated. Perhaps the server thought we were too old to tip well.