Columbia Club
US$225
US$201
Conrad.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$224/night.

The Alexander(Indianapolis)
Indianapolis Marriott East(Indianapolis)
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

US$319
US$229
Home2.com
  • Breakfast included
US$130
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$127
US$108
HolidayInn.com
US$219
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivate clubmonument circlevalet and bell staffgrand lobbycomfortable lobbysoldiers and sailors monumentvalet parkingdowntown indianapolisfitness centergreat downtown locationup to dateconferenceunitsmarriottartwork
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Ok..to each his own... But wow! I love this hotel and staff! 1st time visitor...from Saratoga, NY
Historic, beautiful, amazing! What a gem! I actually felt very special here...Room was clean and even bigger than the Conrad (don't really care for the Conrad much)... Give this hotel a try! In fact, try the fitness center too... great staff! Fantastic trainers David & Michelle! You guys rock! thx...

Room Tip: circle view!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I tried to book a room at virtually every hotel in downtown Indianapolis, but all of the hotels were already filled. I told my problems to a business colleague who was a member of the Columbia Club, and offered to book a room for me there. I went on-line to read the reviews, and was apprehensive about staying there because so many were negative.

Nonetheless, I was desparate to be downtown and booked the room at the Club. I was pleasantly surprised. The best way to reconcile the wildly divergent reviews is to make sure that you request a deluxe room on the deluxe floors, which are the 8th and 9th floors. My room was, in fact, renovated and very nice. It had a very comfortable king bed, a huge bathroom and, again to my surprise, free internet in the room. The room charge for the deluxe room was only $98 per night, compared to the $250 or so that an ordinary business hotel like the Hilton or Sheraton would charge. My room was clean and the service was fine. The place is very quiet with little activity.

All in all, this place is fine (if a bit stuffy) if you are seeking a nice room in a well-located downtown hotel at a really modest price. Just make sure to book the deluxe floor.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank dpster
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I was a bit apprehensive to make a reservation after reading some of the reviews but I'm glad I decided to go ahead. I spent three very enjoyable days at the Columbia Club and the room was perfect. I stayed on the 8th floor, which had been totally renovated in a double bed room that was a good size with a beautiful bath. The A/C was a little loud but not annoying.
You just can't beat the breakfast for price, choice, service and setting. And the staff was was polite and friendly, making you feel very much at home, rather than just another paying public guest intruding on private territory.
I met a couple of club members over drinks in the handsome bar room and got some insights on the city and its character.
The formal dining room was a delight. I invited a couple of friends for dinner and we were all happy with the meal and the service. There was no piped in music thumping in the background and you could actually carry on a conversation. It is also pleasant to stay in a hotel/club where there is a standard of dress and people seem to enjoy showing up in public for drinks and dinner in something other than a tee shirt and sneakers. Really, when did it become an inconvenience to appear in public dressing like you cared about how you looked to yourself and others!
I'm happy to give the Columbia Club high marks all 'round.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 444daisy
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I am currently staying at the Columbia Club and this is my first trip to Indianapolis. The location is the best in town. The lobby is simply beautiful. This is a private club that lets rooms - I prefer to stay at clubby hotels - ie, Harvard Club in NYC, Sloane in London. I would take this over a typical westin any day of the week. I asked for a renovated room and it is smaller than a "marriott" room, but is just as nice. The common areas are as good as it gets. The best part of this hotel is the price - they dont charge for internet. I had a fantastic room service breakfast, no service charge, no tipping allowed and it was $12 - same meal would have been $35 at a westin. You are allowed to use the members gym which is fine - full service locker rooms, pool, etc. I travel 150,000 miles a year and stay in hotels 75+ nights a year. This is the first "diamond in the rough" I have found in 2011 and can 100% reccommend this hotel - especially for business travelers.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank bladams79
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I stayed here for 4 days while I was in town for business this month. There were a few events going on, so I searched for a hotel, and the Columbia Club was one of few available. After looking at some of the reviews, I was a little hesitant. That said, I think some of the reveiwers are a little off base. First off, the lobby is dripping with history, with a lot of beautiful woodwork and old paintings, etc. The lady at the check in was pleasant, and got me my room quick. The rooms are a little dated, but I was on one of the last two floors to be renovated (I was told the others have been). The bed was nice, the thermostat worked very well, and the windows (GASP!) opened! I ate at the restaurant on the third floor, and was very nice. I also had a good experience with the valet service, as they were efficient and very friendly. The only thing that keeps me from going 5 stars was, as I stated earlier, the room was a little dated and the parking (25 per day, even though it is a downtown) was a little high.

Give it a try, it has a dynamite location, there is some history there, and the rooms are pretty nice. If you want the Marriott, go for it, but dollar for dollar, The Columbia goes farther...

Room Tip: Avoid the 5th and 7th floors. Ask for a circle vw
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business