Quality Inn South
US$239
US$219
JW Marriott
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$269/night.

US$229
  • Breakfast included
Indianapolis Marriott East(Indianapolis)
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

US$136
US$108
HolidayInn.com
US$130
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Hotel is in need of maintenance and updating. Stayed here 1 night passing through Indianapolis and won't stay again. Run down rooms with broken switch plates, worn carpets, mildew odor in room and HVAC unit, etc.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

If cost is your most important consideration, this is one of the cheapest hotels in the Indianapolis area. But this place is run down and sort of depressing. It’s in an industrial area near a truck stop and a strip bar. The toilet flushes wouldn’t clear the bowl, the caulking on the tub was moldy and shower pressure was weak. The bed and pillows were ok. There was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room.

At a secondary entrance, someone had ripped the card reader off the exterior wall meaning that there was no late night security on this door. Oh, and as other reviewers have mentioned, there is NO ELEVATOR!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Honestly if you are coming to Indianapolis, Indiana then it would just be better to spend some good money to stay at a hotel in the city. It’s way more convenient and the hotels there are much cleaner. The service here sucks and they aren’t very nice. Also room wasn’t very clean when we got here. Loved Indianapolis! Hotel wasn’t the best though.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I am a veteran traveler who is 55 years old and has traveled all over the United States. As a Platinum member of the Choice Hotels rewards program, I often stay at brands in the Choice Hotel system - Comfort Suites, Comfort Inn, and Quality Inn are the three nameplates I stay at the most.

My 19 year old son and I traveled to Indianapolis to attend the University of Louisville - Purdue University football game on September 2nd. I made my reservation online at Choicehotels.com at this Quality Inn and used some of my reward points to get a free night's stay (like I said, I travel a lot).

The game ran a little late, and we didn't leave downtown Indianapolis until a little after midnight. We arrived at the hotel about 12:20 pm. We were exhausted after a long day, and - since my son had to be back in Louisville early the next day to go to work - we were very eager to get in bed and get some rest!!

When we arrived, there was nobody at the front desk. After a bit, a lady showed up, inquired as to whether I had a reservation, and - when informed that I did - she informed me that they had rooms, but none of them were clean. We would have to wait at least 30 minutes before one would be available for us to take. Knowing it would take us 30 minutes (at least) to find another hotel, we agreed.

As a frequent Choice Hotels customer, however, this was extremely disturbing. I can't remember ever going to a hotel - any hotel (I am also a rewards member with the Marriott and Hilton rewards programs) - and there not being a room ready for someone who had a reservation!

Complicating the confusion was a couple who was loudly complaining at the front desk that someone had entered their room and robbed them. The neighborhood is something of an industrial neighborhood - next door was a "go-go" bar.

We wound up getting in the room about 12:45 am. Fortunately, we didn't have much in the way of luggage - this is very old property and has no elevator.

Heading upstairs, I was concerned about what the room would be like. The carpeting was stained in a great many places, and everything appeared very worn. The general impression was not pleasing.

The room itself was OK, at best. One could say I got what I paid for. But it just wasn't up to the standards of Choice Hotels' better establishments:
- the bathtub had nothing to give "traction"; it was slick as ice and dangerous for the person standing on it to get a shower.
- The upholstery on the desk chair was ripped
- the drawer on the desk was broken
- the vanity (small) in the bathroom would have been very nice - it was granite - but it was cracked in half.
- There was no microwave or mini-fridge. Just FYI. Most Quality Inns I've stayed at have these extras now in all rooms.
- The air conditioner was set at 60 degrees and blowing full-blast when we entered. Note that the temperature outside was in the 50s, so there really was no need for the AC to even be on, much less operating at Arctic temps.
- Finally, the room had a pervasive musty smell that wasn't inviting at all.

As nothing was overwhelmingly objectionable - it seemed relatively clean - we opted just to hit the beds and get the sleep we both needed.

On the positive side, I have to admit that the beds were comfortable, and both of us slept pretty well. But then again, we were so turned off by the overall impression of the hotel, we elected to skip the free breakfast the next morning.

(NOTE: I did try to get a cup of coffee for the road, but the caps for the plastic cups didn't fit tightly enough; it was going to pop off far too easily to take it on the road in my van.)

I'm afraid I cannot recommend this hotel. If I had known what to expect, I would have spent more points for another hotel. Or even foregone using the points and paid for a room. Not the best representative for the Choice Hotels brand.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 24 August 2017

One of the worst places we have stayed. The place is run down and dirty. On top of that next door is an all night truck stop with diesel trucks constantly rumbling through. The sound penetrates the room. That would probably be better on the other side, but the place is still a dump.

They also offer bribes, at check in we were told we would get a bonus of 5000 Choice Points if we gave them all 10's on a survey we would get. The survey came from Choice, gave them their fake 10s and got the 5000 points. This was a survey being done by/for Choice, not the reviews on the Choice Hotels site that other potential travelers would see (those have a 1-5 scale)

Room Tip: Get a room away from the Pilot truck stop, preferably far away at a different hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple