“Authentic Cajun/Creole in Indiana!”
Review of Yats on College

Yats on College
Ranked #86 of 2,391 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 12 November 2014

YATS is an absolutely perfect lunch location. Although it will get busy on weekday during the lunch hour, they move the food and people in and out at a very good pace, and the food is always worth the wait! You can't go wrong with whatever you get, but I must admit, my favorite is always the Crawfish Etouffee. There is not a lot of room to sit inside, so you will either want to get there early and grab a table, or plan on taking your order to go, which is never a problem for them. This is an authentic taste of cajun and creole in the heart of Indiana!

Reviewed 9 October 2014 via mobile

Food is great. Is authentic. The staff is attentive, familiar, down to earth, and generous. It's cash only, but no worries. I can eat lunch for five bucks. And the portions are huge.

Reviewed 14 September 2014

My boyfriend first took me here two years ago, and I at first had skepticism about how rice and beans could be so great - boy was I wrong.
Yats is a super cool, delicious, and affordable-yet-awesome-quality place to go. My favorite is definitely the B&B and the World's Best Toffee Cookies really are the best. They're huge and delicious discs of chocolate chips and toffee. I brought one home to Cincinnati for my mom, and when she took my sister to Indy to look at colleges they came here for lunch and a cookie.

Yats is a really awesome place to eat in, carry out, or cater. It's just plain awesome.

P.S. They only take cash so be prepared! They do "IOU"s, however don't be THAT person.

Reviewed 6 September 2014

I was visiting Indianapolis and it was around lunch time and I saw this place, so I decided to try it. The food was good, and their style is unique. All they serve is etoufee (I'm pretty sure that's not how you spell it), so you basically choose which one you want and they bring it out to you. The pricing wasn't all that expensive, actually pretty cheap. We spent maybe 7 bucks a plate and that was for the large. The seating there is self seating. You go up to the main counter to place your order, then find a table and they bring it out to you.

Reviewed 5 September 2014 via mobile

Typical Yats goodness in a nice eclectic spot near Broad Ripple. I happen to love this type of food so I might be free and easy with the stars. Of the five Yats that I have tried this one gave the largest portions. When you are done with lunch hop across the street to 20 Tap for a tasty pint!