“Great Night Out!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 54th and N. College Avenue
Transit: Bus #17 - College Ave
Reviewed 9 January 2016

Went to pre-New Years Eve concert featuring Rodney Stepp and the Stepping Out Band at the Jazz kitchen, This is a great place to hear jazz and to have a great meal. I had the appetizer sampler which included crab cakes, fried shrimp, and tacquitos. The fried shrimp was excellent. The Jazz Kitchen deserves it reputation as the number one jazz venue in Indianapolis.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

Just visited this venue for the first time. I will definitely be going back. Concert was nice. NOTE: If you can't get tickets in the main seating area, and have to sit in the lounge, chances are, you will not see the stage. They do have a TV in the back that shows the concert on stage. The atmosphere was still great though. I've added them to my list of places to go through the year.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

A nice menu of appetizers, salads, and entrees. The crab cakes are more crab than breading which is a good thing! All of the seats have a good view of the stage. Good service.

Reviewed 19 December 2015

This place reminded me of an old "Juke Joint" with seats so "claustrophobicly" close to each that "IF" you had a phobia you better work it out before you come in. I enjoyed the music but the Fire Marshall "Bill inside of me wouldn't allow me to get comfortable to relax. I know my problem. overall we had a good time and will probably do it again!

Reviewed 15 December 2015

The food was very good and the jazz band and singer were terrific. We shared a brie with fruit appetizer that was plenty for 4 people. I had an eggplant dish that was excellent.