“Cinnamon French Toast”

Cafe Patachou
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Long described as "a student union for adults," Cafe Patachou(R) is an award-winning Cafe. Customers can expect a world class breakfast and lunch experience that includes dishes prepared with premium ingredients from scratch and to-order, a commitment to sourcing local and often organic products, refreshingly personal yet professional service by a well trained team and Cafe environments that are vibrant and alive. Bound by these principles since opening in 1989, Cafe Patachou(R) has garnered local, regional and national accolades, including having been named one of the "Top Ten Places for Breakfast in the Country" by Bon Appetit Magazine. There are now five Cafe Patachou(R) locations serving customer favorites such as made-to-order omelettes made with Indiana farm-fresh eggs, salads, soups, sandwiches and desserts, spreading the love to Indianapolis residents and visitors alike.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I came here on a Sunday morning. I was initially planning on going to the downtown location (as I though that they only had one location), but when I Googled the restaurant to see how busy it would be, I would pleasantly surprised to see that there was one in Broad Ripple, near Indy Hostel, where I was staying. I parked for free up front and was immediately seated at the bar. I ordered the apple fritter cinnamoned French toast, which came with warm syrup and fresh fruit cup. The French toast came out within a few minutes and it was really good! I doused it with syrup. One of the best French Toasts I’ve ever had to be honest (along with Hudson Cafe’s cream cheese French toast in Detroit). It was warm, moist and sweet! The fruit cup was also good too. My only complaint is that there was too much pineapple. Not sure why. Is pineapple one of the cheaper fruits? The fruit cup also had apple, blueberry, orange and strawberry. I was done my meal within 15 minutes! The price was pretty good at about $10. Service was quick and kind! I highly recommend this restaurant for brunch! (P.S. I liked this restaurant better than Yolk)

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Wonderful experience! Great place to eat! Caters to gluten free and vegan options. Locally sourced food

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Great omelets with interesting additions. Best cinnamon toast in town! The black ices tea is the best and service is always consistent. Slightly on the expensive side.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Both my wife and I love Cafe Patachou, delicious tasting food and coffee. Go early, they do get busy but always get in without any hassle! If solo like I am sometimes, I sit at the bar and make conversation with my neighbor if it feels right and amazing how small of a world we live-in after chatting! It's just a great place!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I returned to Patachou after an absence of a decade to revisit my favorite turkey sandwich of many moons ago. What I found was a resplendent new dining room, with much of the same menu of long ago, except that prices had moved up and portions had gone down in size. I did find that either my tastes have changed or the sandwich had changed somewhat. It seemed dry. Didn’t they put a little butter on the outside way back when? I don’t remember. Certainly their ½ sandwich, cup of soup combo with arugula was pleasant. The cup of soup, very small at that, was out of this world (tortilla soup, very yummy, better than the sandwich). I returned with companion a couple of weeks later to treat myself to the full roast turkey sandwich. It was a disappointment, their signature sandwich ($11 or so) was dry. They were very full and perhaps that reflected on the sandwich. Too bad. I still think Taste is better for that type of cuisine and for the same amount of money. Who’d ever heard of $27 for two sandwiches and two cups of coffee? Outrageous!