“Best seafood in Indy”

Kona Jack's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Jack's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 2,601 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 96th & Meridian
Transit: Nearby Indianapolis bus top is available.
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

When I say best seafood, I mean the value of the dining experience. There might be better seafood places but the value of this restaurant can't be beat. Entrees include 2 sides and a salad, house salad and dressing are great. Plus, a loaf of fresh bread too. I would highly recommend the grouper, best I have ever tasted. Sushi bar attached as well as sister bar/ restaurant Daddy Jack's. Waiters and waitresses are mostly seasoned vets, also a good sign at a restaurant- long term employees

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank brucksbrew2

Reviewed 27 October 2016

I ate at Kona Jack's this week with my mom and my aunt. We were seated promptly, and our waiter was very prompt in getting our orders, delivering our food, and checking back with us. He was in training, but we would never have known that unless he told us, as he did a great job! Our table ordered clam chowder and Salmon Stir Fry, and all were quite satisfied with our meals. The entrees come with soup or salad, as well as their delicious herb bread & macadamia nut butter. The stir fry also had garlic bread, which was good, but didn't seem to go with stir fry. We were quite satisfied with our experience at Kona Jack's. They are also quite reasonably priced, which we also appreciated. Highly recommended!

1  Thank BoilerGrammy
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

We have eaten at Kona Jack's Fish Market many times but I think this is my first review so here it goes! Kona Jack's is one of my wife and my favorite establishments. They have some of the best seafood and sushi in the city! They've been located in the same strip mall for as long as I can remember and I think they should build their own building! That's just me though. They do sell fresh fish too if you want to pick up your own and prepare it at home. I think they get it flown in pretty frequently but that's not that uncommon anymore.

In closing, I would highly recommend it!

Mahalo!

Reviewed 13 October 2016

I visited again this week. I'd been her once before but not for dinner. I sat outside and sampled their New England clam chowder and their fish and chips. Both were excellent. I took some of the fish and the bread and garlic butter home. The only negative I have is that they had specials which I wasn't made aware of otherwise it was a good experience. I also talked to the fishmonger and he said he would try to get me some smoked haddock if I let him know ahead of time when I need it. Check out their sushi bar too.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

We visited this restaurant for a late lunch. Comfortable booth seating. Our server was well-informed, friendly, and good at his job. Our choices included Crunchy Grouper, Grouper Sandwich and the Pan-Fried Walleye. The walleye was my choice; it seems the Midwest is the only place to get good walleye as a seasonal item. The generous portion of fish topped couscous; there are other side options but the couscous was very good. A petite side salad was also tasty. No bread is served at lunch, only at dinner. I sampled the grouper sandwich, which was good as well. But not as good as that walleye.
My entree' was $14 with about $3 - $4 more to add the salad. Given quality and quantity, it was a bit expensive. But it was quite good, and I would do it again as a treat.
We will return. Recommended.

Date of visit: September 2016