“Gem”

Ranked #35 of 2,611 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

If you watch Good Bones on HGTV, you've seen this charming little restaurant tucked away in a peaceful cranny of Fountain Square. The food is creative and delicious, the vibe somehow edgy but relaxed, the staff attentive and friendly. If the weather is nice, sit on the outdoor patio. We had the dutch baby pancake with berries, pecan crunch and lime curd, which was a perfect symphony of sweet and tart, plus the sourdough waffle paved with berries and cocoa nibs. Shared a side of super thick glazed bacon. Lots of interesting beverages, but don't ask for a straw -- they're banned in deference to sea turtles. Same owners have another restaurant across the street called Bluebeard, which is tops on my list next time I visit Indy.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I have been to Milktooth twice now and both times have been completely satisfied. Great unique selection of items to choose from and an eclectic collection of items to feast your eyes on while you wait for your order. I love the way the restaurant used all recycled items to decorate the space. So Fun!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped here when walking by. Great find! I had the best grilled cheese and espresso drink. My husband had a great burger. We sat at the bar that overlooks the kitchen. Everything being prepared looked beautiful and delicious.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

While traveling across Indiana we went out of our way to stop here for lunch. Milktooth offers a chill, laidback vibe. We sat outside even though at some point it started raining, but somehow it didn't affect us. The food was good, portions were "healthy", service was attentive. My only complaint was the egg (baked on top of the dish) was still slimy and definitely undercooked. Beyond that I'm not sure this would be a regular stop for me if I lived locally, at least not until I could sample more of the dishes with ingredients that my mind can't seem to put together as well as the chef can.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here with a friend, arriving about 11:45. It was easy to get a table although very quickly all were full, including the outside tables. Waiter was helpful and prompt. Food choices were varied and had a hard time deciding what to order. The whitefish salad food was good, fresh tasting. The sourdough zucchini tea cake was a very desert. Coffee cups are smaller than normal so waiter was frequently filling mine.