“Great Staple on the Road”
Review of Claddagh Irish Pub - CLOSED

Claddagh Irish Pub
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2017

The traditional Irish fare. Loved the Bacon and Cabbage. My husband enjoyed the fish n chips. They have a gluten free dessert!

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed it. Our only negative was in direct contrast with a few of the other reviews - our food came out too fast. We hadn't even finished our appetizer (corned beef and cabbage rolls, very good) when our salads and soup came (house salad was simple but good, clam chowder was different but good). Those were barely started when our entrees came out. The server should have recognized this and either held up the entrees or had them remade later. Instead, when I said something about it all being out together he replied, "Yeah, the kitchen is overstaffed tonight so they are really cranking it out.". Not a good answer.
We had the "award winning" fish n chips, a pub staple. The fish were nice sized filets and the batter was light and tasty. The tartar sauce was good too.
We actually came for the advertised live acoustic music, and we really enjoyed him.
We will certainly be back.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Stopped in for lunch the other day since I hadn't been in for awhile. I went with the fish and chips and boy have they changed. You use to get more fish and chips and now it is somewhat meager. Also, the taste was not up to par the last time I was in a few years ago. Overall the lunch was fine, but overpriced for what you get. Might try again, but with all the other newer restaurants opening in Indy and Carmel, probably not for a long time. In summary, somewhat disappointed.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

When you don't know where else to go, The Claddgh is a good standby. It was hopping with live music on Friday. Had the corned beef and cabbage egg rolls. I ordered the lamb sandwich, although the server tried to discourage me. I grew up eating lamb, I know what it tastes like. My husband got the fish and chips. Overall, a good experience.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

A group meets here regularly and we have attended occasionally. They've accommodated everyone well. Service has always been good. Food is usually about average Irish Pub food though it can be a bit salty. Can get loud at times. Prices are good, especially weekly specials. It's ok if you're nearby and crave an Irish pub.