“Good atmosphere, nice menu, friendly staff”
Review of Louie's Wine Dive

Louie's Wine Dive
Reserve with OpenTable
Louie's Wine Dive is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 2,455 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We met friends here on a Saturday afternoon. It wasn’t busy, we had great service. We ate lunch off the appetizer menu. Based on this experience, I’m sure everything is excellent. They have a wide selection of gluten-free menu items, and a dedicated kitchen area for GF prep. Very nice.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We are here on Sunday morning and really enjoyed it. One person in our group suggested we come, and we laughed because we had no idea they served brunch here. It has good food and some unique flavor options (green sriracha sauce on biscuits and gravy....yum!). We will likely be back for brunch here again.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Louie's Wine Dive is a nice place. The wine and food are both good. It's expensive, but worth it. We split a pasta dish and had a few glasses of wine. The only negative was a giant barcrawl that came in after us, but that isn't their fault.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went with another couple to celebrate a birthday. We were lucky to find a nice table on a Saturday night without a huge crowd or needing reservations. The menu offers something for everyone. The men had the Sinatra burgers, while I had the salmon, and my friend had the salmon salad. My only issue is that the salmon entree was blackened too much, and this was not specified in the menu. I don’t care for anything blackened, so I’d recommend the cooks lighten up the grill for the salmon entree to avoid burn spots. I had a side of the caprese, and while it was good, it was a bit salty for my taste. The men had the truffle potatoes, which they both devoured in no time. Skip the cocktails and order wine instead. Our service was good, but not great. We had to ask for the check on multiple occasions, as we were planning to go elsewhere for post-dinner cocktails.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Louie's Wine Dive is exceptional. If a visitor or a local, certainly recommend highly. On trendy Mass Ave, been there about three years, hot spot for mixed ages, locals and out of towners. Suggest you look at the menu online: very creative and not what we expected. Wide selection of wines plus good choices in beers and hard stuff.
Yes, certainly a lot of choices for wine, but suggest you not paint this place with "one color" as it has a lot to offer. Like most of trendy places, the ceiling is exposed and offers a hard surface that drives the noise level up a bit, but still not hard to hear your dinner companions talk.
Due to demand and interest in this place, would suggest reservations, particularly on weekends.
Would suggest you try some of the unusual menu items, e.g. BLT deviled eggs, salmon salad, and the Tandoori Salmon, all quite special. Service quite good and prompt. Highly recommended with no reservations.