“What is the matter with this place?”

Einstein Bros. Bagels
Ranked #17 of 27 Bakeries in Indianapolis
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Deli, Fast food
Reviewed 16 June 2015

I've been a fan of Einstein's bagels for many years, and this particular Einstein's is in our neighborhood, which makes it very convenient. Or at least it should. The service at this establishment is abysmal, which makes me not go there unless I have a very compelling reason (kids in town, etc.). The place is always understaffed, there's a poor selection of bagels available, and wait times are ridiculous. Also, there's only one line. I saw one person who only wanted a coffee, and she had to wait behind several people with large bagel orders which were being filled at a glacial pace. It's always like this, too. I don't know why this business has to be run so badly so consistently when there are better Einsteins locations within just a few miles. I'm not going back.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

We love the bagels and fresh food at Einsteins but the last 4 times were went to the shop in Broadripple, the wait time and staff service were terrible. It was complete chaos behind the counter with 6 people working in assembly line order and no one person actually able to complete an order. The last time I was there, I ordered a dozen bagles sliced and 1 toasted bagel with cream cheeze. I waited over 20 minutes for the counter staff to determine that I still did not get my order. I won't be back anytime soon to that location and will drive to Castleton.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Regular store, not enough parking, poor service, server was on the phone the whole time and no communication.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Once I finally got my cappucino it was great. Problem is that I stopped by at 7:30 in the morning and was stuck in the queue with several folks buying in bulk for their office. Sandwich took 12 minutes and the cappucino another 5 minutes because by the time they got to my order they had forgotten about the coffee.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I had never been to an einstein's before. They had pumpkin flavored bagels and cream cheese which I loved, bagel bites were kind of hard. I had to wait a while for an okay coffee drink. Not the best, but i'd give it another try.