“In a word....AMAZING!!!!”

Days Inn & Suites Northwest Indianapolis
Ranked #128 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Recently, my teenaged son competed in the 2016 USBC Junior Gold National Bowling Championship Tournament, requiring us to be in Indianapolis for 12 days. While enroute to Indiana, I happened to look-up the hotel and subsequently read the reviews that were listed. Admittedly, I was concerned at what I read, and immediately contacted my travel agent to voice said concerns. However, with such a HUGE event taking place in Indianapolis, literally every hotel in the area was booked. And with that fact, I would become very thankful for!
From the moment my son and I checked in, we were more than pleased! At check-in, we were greeted by Front Desk Personnel Leanne and Trevor, who met us with smiles and the most pleasant personalities! They went above and beyond from what one would normally expect, seeing to our every want and need. After learning we were unfamiliar to the Indianapolis surroundings, Leanne printed out several different maps/directions to the various venues we would be attending without any hesitation! In addition, while we were transferring our luggage from the vehicle to our room, as we passed the reception area, Trevor and Leanne acknowledged us each and every time, inquiring if there was anything that we further required! This thoughtful practice was demonstrated by ALL of the staff as our stay progressed, each and every day!
As we continued our lengthy stay, the remaining hotel staff that we would have the pleasure of meeting would not disappoint! Amanda, Cassie, Andy, Sam, Phylisha, and Royce ALL saw to our every whim, want and desire, all the while displaying the utmost professionalism, thoughtfulness, and impeccable customer service lacking in many establishments today!
With regards to our room and accommodations, we were more than extremely pleased. We travel extensively, and in truth, at the risk of sounding "snobbish", admittedly we are accustomed to acquiring lodgings in mostly upscale properties. However, our room at this wonderful property was absolutely more than adequate. In fact, it was one of the most comfortable and well-appointed rooms that we have stayed in for some time now. This room also had one of the largest mini-refrigerators I have ever seen. Also, due to the various times of the day that my son had to compete, housekeeping accommodated OUR schedule, not theirs, always making sure not to disturb us while keeping our room in immaculate condition! In short, EVERYTHING about our room was SUPERIOR! I could go on and on about our stay at this exemplary property, however, I'll be succinct.....Amanda, who, in my own personal opinion is the most professional and approachable hotel manager I've had the pleasure of meeting, is doing a FANTASTIC job managing this property. Her staff is the VERY BEST I've seen in quite awhile! Once again, in my opinion, many other industry professionals would and could benefit from her/their expertise as well as their incredible knowledge of what personable CUSTOMER CARE truly is! Each and everyone of the aforementioned employees are an asset to the Days Inn chain and the Wyndam Corporation.
In closing, if you are requiring lodging in the Indianapolis area, look no further than the DAYS INN AND SUITES NORTHWEST, for you will not be disappointed!
Thank you ALL for taking such great care of us!
With Gratitude,
LaNae' Williams-Manning, RN, BSN
and son
Tre' Manning, III

Room Tip: If in Indianapolis, this is the place to stay!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Northwest Indianapolis

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Fridge did not cool but staff did try to fix it. It never did work well but I didn't complain again or ask to switch rooms. We did wish there was an elevator.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 23 July 2016

I was looking for a budget hotel for a place for two of us to crash on a drive from Charlotte to southern Manitoba, Canada. In terms of being a budget hotel, this Days Inn did not disappoint. As the old saw states, you get what you pay for. Room and furnishings were old, the room had a musty odor, and my 13 year-old son instinctively checked for bed bugs (didn't find any). Again...you get what you pay for. On the plus side, the room had a terrific fridge/freezer; we were able to re-freeze the 2 liter bottle of ice for our cooler.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Prior to my Neurosurgeon consult we drove up to Indy the evening before. All was well until teenagers were allowed to run the halls and gather in the main lobby partying from 2200 to 0100. A separate fan and the AC on high could not drown out the noise. There was an attendant on duty in that lobby which is located next to both upper and lower hallways. Needless to say I will seek other accommodations for my next consultation.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I were in need of a one night stay as she is competing in a National dance competition. When we got to the hotel desk to check in, a woman who appeared to be a guest interrupted our transaction to inform the receptionist there were bed bugs in her room, and she demanded to be "transported" to another hotel. A little part of me died a little as my eye-rolling 14-year-old who is never happy with ANYTHING now could find one more thing to chalk up to my list of failures as a mother. I looked at the receptionist who seemed oddly unfazed by the complaint, and said "I'm a little concerned right now-bed bugs?!?!" The receptionist (still showing nothing that betrayed any concern or emotion) then said to me in a voice reminiscent of Morticia Adams, "Don't be".
"Don't be".
Well, hell-glad that was nothing to be concerned about! It was evening and finding another room was out of the question, so in we went. Judging from the overall appearance of the room, with its peeling wallpaper and squalid odor, I could easily envision a room teeming with creepy crawlies. I sought solace in googling (once I activated the free WiFI) everything I could about bed bugs. Did you know there is a "Bed bug Registry"? Up til now, I was happy and oblivious enough to think there were only baby registries and wedding registries-I could have gone forever not knowing that there was a bed bug registry. I'm not a winner much in life, but guess who's hotel was on the registry? I'll take Days Inn Indianapolis for 500, Alex.
Even though I wasn't in any mood to change hotels at night with a super snotty teenager with pimple cream dotted on her face and One Direction pajamas on. I now felt that since we now had confirmation of infestation, the time to leave might be now. When I called to play my trump card of the bed bug registry, Morticia acted as non-plussed as ever. "No, you can't get a refund, now back to your room, you bug meal, you".
Although we never saw a bed bug, we sympathetically itched all night and listened to mortars going off in the adjacent Costco parking lot. On the plus side, the air conditioner worked well enough to hang raw meat in the room, and the television seemed fine. The comment on their website that "boasts a deep soaking tub" made me ROTFL, though. The caulking, if an archaeologist could have carefully examined it, appeared to have last been refreshed sometime between the Mezzozoic Era and the Johnson administration.
All in all, a whole lotta anxiety for our $45. I guess, had anyone acted concerned about the bug disclosure, it might have been a different story-but since we were treated so cavalierly I would have to say stay far, far away. Also, there was no options for "zero" stars-I feel the one I was forced to give was a tad too generous. Shame on you, Expedia.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Amanda B, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Northwest Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Thankfully we do not have bed bugs and have Orkin here weekly checking rooms and lobby area. People automatically assume if they see a bug or an older hotel they automatically have bed bugs. Unfortunately for us this review is not an accurate one. Seems one team was an issue for us and didn't realize they were staying at an economy hotel. We offer way more than other economy hotels though. We are an older property and going through renovations. It does take time. We are an extremely large hotel and constantly busy. We realize some people do have a "Champagne taste with a beer budget" but we also like to let people know we are an economy hotel. Thankfully 99% of the people that do stay here are very satisfied. Unfortunately, they don't take the time to do reviews. There is the saying "Misery loves company" We also have had issues with positive reviews not being posted for one reason or another. Possibly doing the reviews at the hotel using our WiFi (IP address can not be the same as ours) As for the room descriptions, we do have rooms with deep Jacuzzi tubs. Those obviously are more. That's the "deep tub" description you saw on Expedia.