“Take out Pizza”

Ranked #47 of 2,611 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Independently owned upscale, full service pizza restaurant. Appetizers, sandwiches, salads and desserts also available. Most everything made in-house. Cheeses ground fresh daily. Beer and wine available with many local craft beers available. Offer carryout and delivery.
Reviewed 29 December 2017

We had 3 pizzas delivered for a business meeting. 1 was the caprese, the other 2 were the Slaughterhouse Five. This was by far one of the tastiest pizzas ever! When they brought them in, the smell alone was outstanding. Great taste, a lot of toppings.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We love Jockamo Pizza and order it often. The pizza is the best in Indianapolis. My only complaint is they have messed up our carry out order a few times. Annoying but not the end of the world.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Tried their meat pizza and it was wonderful. Appetizer was also great. Would highly recommend atmosphere is also very nice and plenty of space to seat people.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Was in town for a Butler basketball game as well as trip to the Indy Zoo. Afterward, grabbed some dinner at Jockamo UCP. My boys and I enjoyed a very quality dinner. Loved the side salad and/or simple salad. Price point was very good. Good selection of local and not-so-local beers. Opted for Sun King (Cream Ale). The 12" pizza (pepperoni and black olives) was above average. Quality pepperoni. Crust was a tad too flaky for my liking. I prefer the chewy dense variety, but that is just my taste and not a knock. The Italian Beef sandwich was very enjoyable. I was expecting a Chicago beef style sandwich, but it was like a sweet dry variety. Came with a side of balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It was good, just didn't care for it on my beef. I would definitely go back if in town again.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Today I had a colleague in from another city to do some work. Asking him what he wanted for lunch he said ". . . some really great pizza . . ." so I thought back to some friends of mine who dine here and love it. A quick phone call to the store and lunch was ordered. I asked the woman taking my order if they had 20 oz sodas in bottles to which she said yes so we added two Sprites on the tab and waited on time to pick it up.

When I arrived I provided the gentleman at the counter my name and watched as he slapped my pizza and two fountain drinks on the counter telling me it would be $25 and change. I told the gentleman I needed the bottled sodas and advised him when I ordered I asked the woman if they had 20 oz bottles and she said yes. The guy told me all they had was two-liters and cans and promptly gave me two cans in place of the non-existent 20 oz bottles; both of which were sticky and had to be wiped off after getting them back to the office. I guess there wasn't a price difference for the smaller quantity cans . . . or maybe the sticky cans cost extra.

Sadly this was the best part of my "upper crust" experience. Full disclosure, I'm a fat guy that loves his pizza so I eat it . . . a lot. There are few meals I enjoy more than a few slices of delicious hot pizza loaded with flavorful toppings and a thin tasty crust. Today was not an enjoyable lunch. In fact, I can honestly say that I've had more flavorful and better textured pizza from the freezer section in a grocery store. I would have preferred hitting one of the 2 - 3 stop & rob gas stations on the way here and made do with whatever pizza they had in their lunch counter hot box.

The crust was covered in a thin layer of gritty flour and had no taste what-so-ever. It was like eating a stale cracker . . . and not a good cracker like a Ritz, but those nasty ones you get in MRE packets. Better yet, look up how to make your own hard tack and whip yourself up a batch and you'll understand what I'm talking about. Oops, did I just give away their dough recipe?

The sauce was not much better. It tasted like a mouthful of canned tomato paste with no seasoning. I expected some spice from the sausage, but there was little (if any) flavor to it at all and, to make it worse, it was very greasy. The cheese was hot and there was a lot of it. That's it, that's the best thing I can say about the cheese on my pizza . . . it was hot and there was a lot of it. Perhaps to try to add a little flavor to it, someone had dumped what looked like a bunch of canned Italian seasoning on top. I shouldn't complain about that though because at least it had some zest and texture to it. The mushrooms tasted like mushrooms . . . a fungus, but one I admittedly enjoy. All-in-all, if not for the fungus and the boot leg Mrs. Dash poured all over the pie it would have been completely without merit.

Now here I sit, embarrassed in from of my colleague, mad at my friends for giving me such an obviously flawed account of how good this pizza is (maybe it was a late "April Fools" day prank on their part), and just under $30 lighter in the wallet for something that we threw half of away. Lesson learned though, next time I'll skip the wanna-be Red Baron and take my co-workers out to Giordano's when they want some really good pizza.

1  Thank firstaid41