“Just awful”

Travelodge Lafayette East
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I wanted to send you a short story about my stay last night at your hotel in Lafeyette Indiana, My first issue was my app would not work so I called the hotel and he said dont worry about making the reservation we are not that busy we will have a room. So when I went to check in he took all my information and told me my room would be more then 20 dollars then what was shown on the app. I then opened my app showed him what I was quoted and only then would he agree to that rate. I was very tired at the time of my arrival so went right to bed, The air conditioner made alot of noise, The bed had a dip in the middle and the TV was out of adjustment. Then when I woke up I went to take my shower then is when i noticed no wash clothes nor hand towels and only 2 bath towels. There was black mold along the baseboard next to the stool and dirt on the floor.

I have stayed at your hotels before and for the most part have had little or no problems, This is by far the worst stay I have ever had, I do alot of traveling and stay often in the Lafeyette area. Would like to continue to stay and your hotels but not like this.

I hope these Issues can be addressed and hope to hear a reply from you.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Jimish S, Owner at Travelodge Lafayette East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

I am very sorry for your issues while staying here. If you give us a call we would like to talk with you more about the issues that you had. We have been remodeling and updating our rooms as quickly as we can and we are continuing to work on improvements. Thank you for letting us know about all of these issues and will take them very seriously. Have a great day and let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Toilet would not flush on 2nd night. Informed front desk next morning, maintenance was promised by 2 staff. 3rd night toilet still not flushing. Another staff member promised maintenance. 4th night toilet still not flushing. Checked out next morning. Still charged for the next 3 nights. Refund promised, but never given.

Also, wireless intenet was too unstable for any prolonged use.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Jimish S, Owner at Travelodge Lafayette East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

We would like to apologize again and let you know that on October 6th we gave you a refund for 3 full nights. You may want to call your bank and see if it has been returned to you yet. Thank you for your feedback and Have a good day. If you have anymore issues please feel free to call us and we will help to the best of our ability.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank davidmV9116EZ

Reviewed 29 September 2017

This property is not up to the standards of a Wyndham hotel. In the lobby, the men's room had an out of order sign. The outside security door near our room was broken and taped open, anyone could walk into the hotel. Neither of these were repaired during the 3 nights we stayed at this property. The carpets were dirty looking. Our room had a toilet that didn't stop running unless you juggled the handle - a lot, an air conditioner that rattled all night, stains on the wall paper, lamp shades that were torn and damaged, a bedside lamp that did not work, and a sink that barely drained. Breakfast had a choice of cereal, in a Rubbermaid type container, of what looked like corn flakes or Fruit Loops. There were some assorted pastries, but nothing else. The orange juice dispenser was out of order also. We stayed this property because it was a Wyndham hotel property, but it did not met the standards we have come to expect from a Wyndham hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 9 October 2017

Thank you for letting us know of the issues you had while being here. We are new to owning the property and are in process of fixing and upgrading our hotel. We do apologize for any inconvenience you had while being here, and hope that you come back again soon. Have a great day.

Reviewed 26 September 2017