See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I really wanted to give this hotel a chance. I read the reviews ahead of time and was optimistic even though it was not my preference to stay here. (We were booked with a group). The hotel looks old and basic. 2 story brick building. When you walk into the lobby it does appear very clean. We were checked in and given a hotel key, yes an actual key to a room on the 2nd floor. As soon as we walked in we noticed hair on the white bathroom towels folded on the sink, some type of food or whatever laying by the desk. That was enough for me to walk downstairs and say no to that room. Front desk person was quiet, simply said sorry and said to try a room downstairs. We were given 125. This room was the same layout but had a microwave and refrigerator. It appeared much cleaner but there were still crumbs by the beds. We also did find hair on the sheets but because ALL other surrounding hotels were booked we made the best of it. Other people in our group said their rooms were fine. The hotel all in all feels likes the Bates Motel. The doors that lead into the hotel on both "wings" were never locked, people can just walk right in. Nothing stands out. No frills, just a bed for the night if you want something cheap. Breakfast consists of pastries/bagels/boiled eggs/oatmeal. Juice & Coffee. There are restaurants very close by for a larger selection to food.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 6 January 2017

i had recently stayed in room 154, the soaps were fine the towels and sheets are very clean there was one maid in particular who impressed me her name was sandra and showed me great hospitality and extraordinary room service with fresh sheets and vacuumed floors and made me feel at home

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank fabfour1391
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Our first room had black carpet, disgusting pink bedspread and stained sheets. The chair in the room had stains all over it. Asked for a different room...it was a bit better, not great. This place needs some love, the carpet and tiles in the bathroom were stained and worn. Bed covering old, pillows sad. Ask if the speedway is running when you book. It is one block away from this hotel, very loud. The doors have key entry, the smell of cleaning products is overwhelming. No rest, but, the water pressure was great. Trial shampoo and soap, nothing more, bring your own. Front counter clerk very nice, basic continental breakfast. I wouldn't have stayed here if I would have seen the rooms before check in. Leave your shoes on.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with newer carpet.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank WeGiggles
Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

The room was clean and the bathroom was huge and spotless. The staff are all pleasant too. I slept great as the beds were comfy. The breakfast was a mixture of doughnuts, toast and fruit. Plenty coffee and juice. We had a very pleasant stay. There is a casino near by and other attractions near by.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Niklou40
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the second time this weekend. This time we stayed in King Upgrade room 121. Room was clean and fine. One thing I don't remember we being an issue last time is the shower head in room 121 was so low. I'm 5'3" and it was low for me. Not a deal breaker just weird. We've upgraded both times we've stayed so I'm not sure how the normal rooms are or if there is even a difference. We would definitely stay again. Especially if you are just looking for a sleeping room while spending most of your day at the casino.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple