“Great Golf Course”
Review of The Trophy Club

The Trophy Club
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Lebanon
Reviewed 27 April 2017

The course is about 20 to 30 minutes from downtown Indianapolis and it's in terrific shape. It's a links style course with numerous options on several holes on how to approach the green. Split fairways, lots of risk reward opportunities for the big hitters along with a multiplicity of hazards along the way make this a good course for every skill level. We played 36 holes there and had a great time playing. The only criticism is there were no bathroom facilities on the course and at the turn you did not go by the clubhouse. If your looking a course with reasonable rates and in good condition this is it.

All reviews
"a lot of fun"
"indy"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 6 June 2016

Saw this was ranked as one of the top public courses in Indiana so decided to play a late afternoon round here on a Friday afternoon when in town here for the Indy 500. Was glad the twilight rate was only $25/person as I'm not sure I would have paid much more to play here.

The course was very firm and browning like it hadn't been watered in days. The greens also were not very well maintained and were so firm that a decent iron shot still released 10 yards or more. The clubhouse was a little tired looking and the golf cart we had was so underpowered there were a couple times I was concerned we weren't going to make it up a couple of the hills on the course and most of the time it seemed like I could have pedaled faster than the engine in the cart. Very disappointing.

It was nice to have a book of hole by hole layouts and yardages in the cart, which helped make the round go quicker since the carts do not include GPS. I enjoyed the layout of the course itself and I think it would be a great course to play and worth the 30 minute drive from Indianapolis proper if it was maintained a little better.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Have not played this course in a few years... it is only 30 minutes from the north side of Indy and right of I-65....

The quality of golf is excellent, it is in good shape and the back 9 has a number of fun holes to play.... this is a fun, fair golf course that you will enjoy.

$ 55.00 for green fees and it includes cart....

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Unique golf course, very challenging. Pro is excellent and takes time and interest to allow golfers to improve.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I travel with my clubs and have tried to play all level of courses with an open mind as to my expectations. The Trophy course was recommended to me by the General Manager at the Coyote Club in Lafayette, Indiana. I had almost 8 hours until I had to catch a flight out of Indianapolis which I mistakenly thought would allow me to play The Trophy Club. Boy was I wrong!!! As a single I was prepared for a 4 1/2 hour round but with groups in front of me with some golfers sharing one set of clubs I knew I was in trouble. Each hole was averaging 20 - 25 minutes with golfers waiting to take second shots on par fives until the green was clear and then hitting the ball 100 yards. I tried calling the pro shop from the course to no avail with the phone just ringing until I hung up; TWICE. I quit after 12 holes and went into the pro shop to change clothes for my flight. I expressed my frustration to the staff but I guess since I was an outsider they chose to care less. Save your money and play somewhere else close to the airport or just skip playing if The Trophy Club is the only option.

1  Thank louisl449