“Decent Chinese fiod”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

We were promptly greeted and led to our seats. Our waiter took great care of us and our food arrive rather quickly. Everything was prepared properly and service was good.

1  Thank Scott R

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

After reading the review we went the experience was totally opposite and the food was pathetic the restaurant needs to learn how to treat a customer before even doing business. Will never go there again.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

I use to travel a lot, and would stop in at Chinese restaurants while on the road since Chinese isn't a favorite of my wife's. I've been looking for a good Chinese place to eat and I've found it here in Madison. The sign outside advertises "Gourmet Chinese Food". That might be stretching it a little, but I found the food and service very good. You could tell the meal was prepared with more attention to detail than the buffet style Chinese. I found the hot and sour soup excellent. It wasn't so spicy that you couldn't taste the flavor of the soup. Spring rolls were tasty too. I had the Moo Goo Gai Pan. I would rate a B or B+. The atmosphere was typical of a sit down dinner Chinese restaurant. This is diffidently a place to stop at to satisfy your urge for good Chinese food.

1  Thank MrOzz
Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

The place for those of us who don't like the popular Chinese buffet. This place serves the best Chinese food in Madison, period.

1  Thank blichlyter
Reviewed 15 October 2015

When we're hungry and don't want to make something this is one of the first places we think of. Much better than the local Chinese buffet and the service is outstanding. The spicy dishes are "Madison spicy" so fee free to tell them to kick it up, especially the Thai dishes, which are excellent. This is a good place to go anytime but especially lunch. We recommend this place highly.

1  Thank Mike M

Been to Empress of China? Share your experiences!