All reviews family cabin water park aquatic center lazy river indoor waterpark state park patio room free coffee hiking trails zero entry brown county water volleyball dinner buffet splash area wood stove large hot tub room key
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We have stayed in the Abe Martin Lodge many times and we enjoy it. We only had one problem during our latest visit. We booked last minute through the phone reservation service. The lady was great and made two reservations, one for each night. The room for the first night was on the lower level. I could tell right away when the elevator doors opened that the area was musty. There were dehumidifiers in the hallway. Our room did not have good ventilation and the air duct appeared to need cleaning. The rest of the room was clean so we settled in for the night. My allergies did not taking well to that environment, so in the morning we talked to the desk agent who offered to move us to a higher floor for the second night. We stayed on the fourth floor and it was great, slept with the windows open and enjoyed the fresh air and quiet setting. My only other tip is to bring bottled water with you as the tap water does not make good coffee. They do provide a small coffee maker in the room.

Room Tip: Avoid the lower level rooms if you can
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Chris F, Assistant General Manager at Abe Martin Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your time at the Abe Martin Lodge. I am happy to hear we were able to move you to a room that suited you better! Thank you for your many visits, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I canceled a reservation a month ago and still have not received my refund check. I have had to call 4 different times and each time was told that the person was going to go to accounting and look into and call me back right away. I was told this again this morning by Chris the Assistant General Manager and it is now afternoon and still no answer on when they will issue my refund check. Can someone please contact me ASAP and tell me when you will refund my money!?!?!? Nicole

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Chris F, Assistant General Manager at Abe Martin Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Nicole, I apologize about the issue with the check. We have tried contacting you, and have yet to reach you. Two employees reached out last Thursday, and I hope you were able to get the answer about your check. If not, please call me back at 877-265-6343

Reviewed 3 October 2017

After reading some of the negative reviews, I felt that booking one of the family cabins would still work out fine for us. The pictures posted looked good, much like the ones I have posted. On the surface the cabin looked clean. However, within an hour of walking around in our bare feet, they were black. They evidently vacuum but don't wash down the floors. Everything is old and dingy. The shower light had a huge bug who was still alive inside it which evidently came from the roof. One of the big negatives is that the bedrooms although nice, are on the second floor with no bathroom. For some of us that get up at night, negotiating those steps would be asking for a fall. So we slept on the twin beds in the livingroom. On a whole, this family cabin creeped me out. Even with the worn look, a good deep cleaning would make this cabin much more to my standards, but the bedrooms without a bathroom is a show stopper, something I should have been more careful when I was booking lodging. Door screens need to be fixed too.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Brown County State Park is one of my absolute favorite locations. When visiting southern Indiana I always plan on staying at the Abe Martin Lodge. The park itself offers just about anything you could ask for, camping areas that are beautiful, indoor water park for the kids with an amazing slide, wonderful hiking trails, magnificent vistas of virgin timber - Indiana is very proud of this park. While staying at the Lodge, we were checked in and assisted by two wonderful girls who helped to make our stay especially nice, tending to our needs with expertise service, Chris, and Erika. Thank you so very much for helping to make our weekend fabulous! The rooms are very clean, large, and comfortable. We have already booked for next year!

Room Tip: I would recommend staying on either the upper or main level. Lower floor is a bit musty.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Chris F, Assistant General Manager at Abe Martin Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Abe Martin Lodge! We appreciate the kind words, and will pass them along to the front desk staff. I am happy to hear you have already booked with us for another stay, and look forward to seeing you folks in the near future!

Reviewed 30 September 2017

My wife & I stayed in a rustic cabin near the lodge. We enjoyed the hiking trails, tennis courts, aquatic center, and dining room. The inn accidentally charged someone else's meal to our room, but Erika quickly resolved the transcription error.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob B
Chris F, Assistant General Manager at Abe Martin Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thanks for your words about the Abe Martin Lodge! It sounds like you were able to enjoy many of the activities available to our guests of the lodge! I am glad to hear that we were quickly able to correct the issue, and we will let Erika know of your kind words!