“Wonderful location to celebrate an anniversary”
Review of Abbey Inn

Abbey Inn
Ranked #17 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 October 2011

My husband and I spent 2 wonderful nights in the Iris room and loved it. We spent our days hiking in Brown County and it was so relaxing to return to the room in the late afternoon and soak in the hot tub before dinner, then in front of the fireplace after. The staff attended to any ( few) needs we had in a very timely manner. I would recommend this Inn to anyone, however I would not recommend adding the breakfast offered unless you are more interested in quantity then quality. If you do go to the Brown County area, check out The Story Inn. It is a very unique (slightly pricey) restaurant about 30 minutes from the inn, good food that is obtained from the local farms.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 September 2011

My husband and I recently spent the night in the Wysteria room. We really enjoyed our stay. This is a very nice, peaceful place to stay. No one under 18 is allowed to spend the night, so if you are looking for somewhere to rest up, this is the place! The Abbey Inn is much more quiet than the average hotel and you don't here others all night long. My biggest and basically only complaint about our room was there was no good way to get into the hot tub. It would be nice if there were actual steps leading up to the hot tub, but instead there was a little step stool. This makes it difficult to get in and out of the hot tub and I would also think it would be easy for the stool to slip. There is no breakfast offered at this in either, but you can purchase a meal ticket for a nearby resteraunt for a small fee. It would also be nice if there were micorwaves in each room, especially since there are refrigerators. Overall, this is a very nice place to stay and I would stay there again.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful two day getaway here. The Abbey Inn is very clean, quiet and comfortable. We were in the Peony Suite and enjoyed our afternoon cocktail on the patio. We spent most of our time in the hot tub in our room. What a treat it was. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The location is a short drive to town where there are many small shops and eateries. You must try the buscuits and apple butter and fried chicken at the Nashville House. We can't wait to return.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

We had an absolutely wonderful stay at the Abbey Inn! We went on a week day to take advantage of the buy one night, get one night free. The sweet lady at the front desk was actually there a lot later than we anticipated, 10:30. And we were very thankful. Our hot tub did start making noise after we used the jets, my husband knew he wouldn't be able to sleep well with it so he went to ask if there was a way she maybe knew to fix it. She was very helpful, came and looked at it and offered us a different room. She said it was probably just the air in the tubes but she didn't know if it would go away. We were moved to another beautiful room, which was actually bigger with a patio. It was a really nice upgrade at no additional cost. But our original smaller room was amazing, and we hated to leave it too. We were able to see the TV from our hot tub in our first room which we liked b/c we watchted a movie from it! So FUN! We couldn't see the TV from our hot tub in the new room, but it had other great perks. We would definitely go back and would go during the week to take advantage of the two nights. This was the first time my husband and I had gone on a trip alone since our honeymoon and it was to celebrate our 4 year anniversary. Abbey Inn did not disappoint and have actually inspired us to look for hot tub rooms in the future. We also loved the decore, it was very modern, clean, and fresh. Very homey and comfortable! We aren't big fans of the antique type B&B's so this was PERFECT! I cannot stress enough how much we enjoyed it! We'll be telling our friends! Thanks Abbey Inn!

Room Tip: Our first room was the Lilac Room, our second room was the Honeysuckle Patio Room
1  Thank JKM8507
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We took advantage of the weekday buy one get one free deal and did not regret it. We went for an anniversary trip and so the hot tub and private room were ideal for us. The staff was wonderful and helpful. Our room was clean and the air conditioner worked great. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The hot tub was relaxing. I was worried about our 'weight' limit (if you read their disclaimer--it is 400lbs/couple), but we were fine (and we were over!).

It was hot out so we didn't spend much time outside, but the lake was beautiful (a great wedding site!). They even had an extra fishing rod for those who forgot one (don't expect a professional one). My husband even caught a fish.

It is off the main hwy, but we did not hear any traffic and it wasn't too busy downtown so parking wasn't a problem. The breakfast voucher was worth it- except you have to wake up to go!

We will return someday and hope they still have great deals. It is pricey (for us) otherwise. It is a modern (more contemporary) and unique hotel. I hope they bring more amenities in the future.

Room Tip: Call before you book to ask about location of rooms, balconies, etc.-- the website isn't clear u...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple