“I will never stay here!”
Review of Abbey Inn

Abbey Inn
Ranked #17 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 September 2015

First off, I reserved the room and needed to cancel the massage and add a buffet. I called and their voicemail said they didn't take phone calls and didn't respond to voicemail. I emailed them and it kicked back saying there was an error and that they didn't like recipient. My husband ended up getting a job that wouldn't give him the time off so I had to cancel. I asked to cancel well before the 10 day prior to the stay and they informed me I had to reply to the original confirmation. I did that and never heard from anyone. I face booked them and they said they didn't look at their Facebook often and that they didn't settle things over Facebook. I just informed them that I emailed the correct email address and wanted a refund. Then instead of putting it back on my card, they said the owner was going to send me a check. They verified the name and address and I approved it. Then when I got the check in, it was addressed to Lance and my name is Lauren! Also their cancellation policy is if you cancel before 10 days, they give you all your money except a $25 refund processing fee. I checked and my check was $45 less and they said the cancellation from the massage incurred another $20 fee. The check was still able to be deposited but I have never had such a difficult time in my life with this Inn. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS BUSINESS! I worked at Wal-Mart for 3 years and I provided customer service to the best of my ability. And this is BY FAR the worst customer service I have EVER had!!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lauren M

Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

We went here on our honeymoon. We were greeted by the maintenance man who quickly got the girl who worked on the office. We stayed in the dogwood room. The toilet wasn't quite working right but it was easy to get it worked on, we were offered the peach room but decided to stay where we were just because we were already there. The room was a little hot when the cover was off but we knew that from the rules before we came. It was a great reasonably priced getaway for just me and my new hubby to bond without kids or a lot of other guests distracting us. Also the building looks old but remodled, id love to know some history on it. The outdoor wedding area is beautiful!! The rest of the back has great potential to be gorgeous too. There is a nice pond with 2 ducks that come looking for treats when you call duck duck duck, hope to stay here again

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2015

My husband and I stayed in the Jasmine room of the Abbey Inn of Nashville Indiana. I regret wasting our hard earned money. We arrived about 3 hours early because I had forgotten when check in time was. I am a mother to two young children and I work. As well as my husband. I didn't think to check online again to make sure we had the correct time. I figured we would get there, and if we were early, we would just go look around to kill time In Nashville, no big deal. We were greeted very poorly by the check in lady. She rudely asked "can I help you?" and when we told her we had a room there, she looked at us like we were morons before FINALLY responding to us that we needed to come back at 4pm because that's when check in time was. Needless to say, we were left with a horrible impression of the place before even coming back. We should have guessed by the way the place looks on the outside, that our experience would be less than satisfactory. We come back 3 hours later and find her behind the desk. She looks up at us, and coldly says again "Can I help you?" YES! You know we were here earlier and that we have a reservation! She does not smile or tell us to have a nice stay. Doesn't tell us to holler if we need anything. Basically she treated us like WE were a bother TO HER! The room was just okay. Our hot tub functions did not all work. Light bulbs were either blown out, or flickering. Shower door wasn't on the track right. But these things we could have looked past if her attitude had not soured the stay for us. Definitely not worth the money we paid!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aaron H
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

Our anniversary is in March so we get a great deal. 1/2 off a second night in the hot tub suites or 2nd night free in hot tub rooms. Our first visit was March 2012, 2nd visit March 2014 and this was our 3rd visit. We stayed in the Forget-Me-Not Suite the 1st & 3rd visit because it was our favorite. We enjoyed having the fridge in the kitchenette and the way the room was arranged. We could see the tv from the hot tub easily. Our visit in the Dogwood room in 2014 was good except we heard guests upstairs walking a lot (very creaky floors). The set up was great for this room because it had a loveseat in front of the tv and we could see the tv from the hot tub. Our first visit the inn had dvd players which we preferred over the satellite because the satellite didn't work at all our 3rd visit because of the snow. All in all we recommend this inn for a quiet, romantic get-a-way. (But do not recommend the cabin across the street because the hot tub is outside, it does not have the romantic feel like the rooms/suites do because it has a few guest rooms in the cabin and it's directly on the highway. My husband initially booked this our 1st visit, thankfully we were able to change our reservation after touring the cabin).

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2015

You will either like this place or hate it, no in between. DO NOT expect anyone to be there to greet you, DO NOT expect anyone to be around during the day or evening, basically you want something or need something there is a phone number to call, hopefully someone will answer. The room and bed were clean, Hot Tub had 1 jet working in it. The exterior of the building and property are not welcoming at all, so be prepared. The entire building had a musty smell throughout, probably due to the dampness of all the Hot Tubs. The only reason we stayed the second night is because it was free. I believe if you read the "rules" it states this is a quite secluded place, with no full time staff, hardly part-time either. For some reason we never felt safe, due to the fact no one is around in the late hours. Many rooms have an exterior entrance, and the building could have more exterior lighting for safety.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple