“Top five dinner ever!”
Review of LaSalle Grill

LaSalle Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
LaSalle Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 301 Restaurants in South Bend
Price range: US$16 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main
Description: LaSalle Grill is located in Downtown South Bend's oldest commercial building. Built in 1868 as the St. Joseph Hotel, the building has survived over 146 years. Converted to restaurant use in 1991, LaSalle Grill has become an institution in South Bend and the region. We have won the coveted AAA Four Diamond rating for 19 consecutive years, the longest run of any restaurant in Indiana. Our menu is rooted in USDA Prime and Choice steaks cooked over a live hardwood fire, Lamb and Pork chops, locally raised Chicken and Duck, Fresh seafood delivered daily, Vegetarian and Vegan options and seasonal game dishes. We have won the Wine Spectators Award of Excellence for over 17 years and employ the only Certified Sommelier working in a restaurant in the state.
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Amazing meal Saturday night at LaSalle Grill. Probably the best Rack of Lamb I have ever had (melt in your mouth lamb)! Grandson had terrific salmon, son had outstanding prime rib. Appetizers were great -- the brie appetizer was to-die-for and the crab cakes were fantastic. My husband loved the scallops. Side dishes of indian corn, pumpkin grits (oh my!), sauteed mushrooms, and lobster mac and cheese were competing for best-ever sides! We were there for a family celebration and the waiter T.C. (sp?) was phenomenal: very knowledgeable, funny, and patient with my hard-of-hearing husband. Dessert could not have been better! As a now-retired world traveler (40+ years in the foodservice equipment industry), I thought I had had my last great meal, but seriously, I would put the LaGrille experience Saturday night in my top 5 ever, and no-joke, we have had extraordinary meals all over the world. This food-dining experience topped most.

1  Thank 87louiseo

Reviewed 15 September 2017

After reading reviews and anticipating dinner at LaSalle for months, I was quite disappointed with our experience. We had a large party and were seated in the second level which seemed more of a banquet/catering section than fine dining restaurant. The service was incredibly slow, taking almost 3 hours for our food to make it to our table. (The server told us they only have 1 kitchen serving all three floors on football weekends making the service much slower). Three individuals in our party ordered the same steak entree but none looked the same, even being plated differently. The only reason I would not rate a 1 star is that the Hardwood Grilled Red Deer was wonderful, cooked to perfection. However, it was a bit disappointing to find out they were out of the bourbon and parm creamed spinach I ordered and no alternative was offered.

Overall, the service and atmosphere did not fit the price for second floor dining during game weekends. I hate that our only opportunity to experience the restaurant will likely be this one, but hopefully this review can help others try an alternate in South Bend, especially on weekends during home football games.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The entire meal was delicious. I had a filet which was great. Ostrich was on the menu but I was unsure. My son ordered it and I tried a bite. Oh my goodness!!! It was so good. The restaurant, service and food were above standards for many other restaurants.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We arrived in South Bend on Thursday, September 7th. We went downtown to look for a place to eat dinner. We hit a grand slam with our choice. Once in a lifetime trip for us to see Ga v Notre Dame and we feel the same about our dining experience at the LaSalle Grille. Thanks to all especially our server Jamie. It was the best of times.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

This was a HUGE disappointment. We were very excited to be coming here after reading the great reviews and waited over 2 hours for our food to come out, at 11:30pm. When the food did arrive, every steak was either burnt, or had a burnt taste to it. The staff was very friendly all night and offered to recook for those of us who said something but we were all very tired and ready to get out of there and go to bed. We recommend you go to Rocco's for pizza instead.

2  Thank Coney89

Been to LaSalle Grill? Share your experiences!