“Delicious food and great service”

American Pancake House
Ranked #39 of 333 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 December 2017

We've been traveling to South Bend for football games for many years and just recently tried the American Pancake House for the first time when we were craving breakfast before a game. We called ahead and were told it would be a short wait, and it was. We waited less than 10 minutes for a table.

As soon as we were seated, our waitress was there to get our drink order and brought them out fast. Our food (and my husband ordered a steak) was also delivered quickly and was delicious.

The prices are very reasonable and the portions are huge! We were so stuffed when we left.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Very good breakfast place. Friendly staff and oh my the pancakes and waffles. The skillet was ok but the waffles and baked apple pancake were delish!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I had breakfast here with my family. The food was very good and the service was quick. I had a skillet, eggs were cooked to order, and the pancakes were really good as well. My wife and I agreed we would be back.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

This restaurant was well known for its apple pancake in the past but the pancake seemed to suffer a bit after new owners took over. On a whim, my family and I stopped in while on a weekend trip and we were pleasantly surprised to find the pancake had become more like the one of old. It is big enough that my wife and son could not finish theirs in one sitting (I struggled to finish mine).
The restaurant is clean. It can become quite busy at times but there is almost always enough staff on duty to keep up with demand.
Our waitress was Sandra and she was more than capable. Sandra returned to our booth several times to make sure we had everything we needed but did it in a manner that was not pushy.
The wait for the food was not bad but considering the moderate crowd at the time, I thought it could have been a bit faster.
All in all I recommend giving them a try.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

First, they understand the term 'soft scrambled' when describing eggs. Food was well prepared, plentiful and inexpensive. Service prompt and friendly. Lots of local color in the clientele.