“Fresh fruits, veggies, local honey, crafts, name something”

South Bend Farmer's Market
Ranked #12 of 56 things to do in South Bend
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This place is open all year long and in the fall, when farmers are taking in the last of the summer crops, it is overflowing with quality local produce.

1  Thank josephecooper
"bend"
in 8 reviews
"sb"

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Fresh seasonal produce from around the area ... what more is left to be desired? Late summer market saw an abundance of blue berries, plums, peaches, and bunches and bouquets of cut flowers. Just lovely.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I moved to the area a year and a half ago and have had several people tell me to go! I finally went and was very impressed! Good variety, fresh produce and flowers and a couple places to eat breakfast or lunch as well. Apparently, there are less vendors in the colder months...which makes sense. Aisles are wide enough that you can still walk thru if there are people stopped. I really enjoyed it and if I'm in town over the weekend, I go!

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We have visited the farmer's market a few times since moving to the area last Summer. We always frequented the farmer's market where we lived before in the South, but this place is the best, by far. There is so much to buy, from fruits and veggies, to meats and teas. They even have a restaurant there, though it has always been too busy for us to try it. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to kill a few hours on a Saturday morning.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Although I believe the market is open 7 days a week, we visited on a Saturday. This seemed like the best day. There were only a couple of empty spaces in the entire market, and even one of these had a sign that said the vendor was out because of sickness.

We took our time and enjoyed walking through the crowd and perusing the various offerings. There were many vendors selling fresh vegetables and also plants such as tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers. It was also the beginning of strawberry season and there were lots to choose from for so early in the season.

One of the shops that I was most impressed with sold coffee, tea, and spices. They seemed to have more spices than I knew existed and more varieties of coffees than Starbucks. I am not a coffee fan, so I didn't try any of them, but it would be a great place to get a cup on a Saturday morning.

For anyone looking for something to do in South Bend on a Saturday, head down to the Farmer's Market. It is right on the river, which also provides for a scenic walk if you are up for it.