“Very good”

Ranked #48 of 301 Restaurants in South Bend
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

This place was very good. There is another original pancake house that i used to go to in San Diego that was delicious. I didnt think there was an affiliation. I guess i was wrong because it was just as delicious here. Food was nicely priced and tasted great. It was very busy but it was on a Saturday morning during ND student dorm checkin. Service was still prompt though. I plan on visiting again

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I love a good omelet and pancakes. There are many restaurants around that we feel we can make our own better. But The Original Pancake House has been around for years and there's a reason why. They make the best breakfast in the South Bend region! The Apple Pancake they are infamous for, too.
There maybe a wait but it's worth waiting for. Service is excellent.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We actually went at noon on Saturday but my family is always up for breakfast food! The portions are very generous, friendly service, and superb omelettes and pancakes!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We love the OPH, any place we visit. If they have one, we go.
We went on a Sunday morning at 9am. We were seated right away, but it was immediately obvious that they were understaffed. The staff was friendly, but lacking in service availability. The normally yummy food, was overcooked and obviously slammed in the kitchen. The poor waitresses and kitchen staff seemed to run everywhere (we had a view of the serving line in the kitchen).
I know that their food can be delicious and the wait staff can be more attentive, so I'll just say that going on a Sunday was our mistake, not theirs.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The baked apple pancakes are incredible especially when served with Ice-cream!! It's like desert. They are huge, easily enough to feed 2-3 people! Fresh squeezed orange juice and not even in FL!