“Surprisingly good choice for a picnic”
Review of Mango Cafe

Mango Cafe
Ranked #14 of 301 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Driving through South Bend at supper time and needed to get off of the highway for awhile. My wife picked this restaurant off a list because it was different and she was tired of typical interstate fare. We waited at the restaurant while they prepared our food for takeout - and ended up chatting for 10-15 minutes with the owner. Not sure if that helped, but our dinner was hot, tasty and well packaged, with all the appropriate accoutrements for a picnic (flatware, napkins, etc). My wife did the ordering, so I'm not going to try to recreate the precise order, though I wish I could as I enjoyed all three items (the portions were large enough that my wife and daughter couldn't finish theirs). Didn't eat at the restaurant, but it seems pleasant enough

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I came here with my family and enjoyed everything! We ordered apps, entrees and dessert and everything was so good. The pabellon's shredded beef was tender and flavorful. Our twin baby girls were happily picked everything off our plates! My sister in law ordered the mixed pepito and said it was the best. The restaurant is small but we didn't have to wait to be seated. I would definitely come back and recommend!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

THis place is a gem! This Venezuelan restaurant has great food is a small place (used to be a gas station). My absolute favorites are any kind of Arepas especially the Pernil (pork roast) or Domino (black beans and cheese).

Reviewed 5 July 2017

I honestly had no idea what to expect from an experience at Mango Cafe, and I was so pleasantly surprised! The food was delicious, the portions were affordable and filling, and my carryout order was processed in a timely manner. The food was delicious, and the appetizer sampler was definitely the winner for me! Next time, I plan to actually have the sit down experience and try even more new plates.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Some of the best food I've had. Wonderful service very attentive and friendly. You have to go if your in this town!!