Waterford Estates Lodge South Bend
US$76
US$54
US$104
Inn at Saint Mary's(South Bend)
US$98
US$148
US$139
US$109
US$106
All reviewsnotre dameroom was spaciousone night staystaff was very friendlybendconventionuniversity
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

I don't write negative reviews but I couldn't let it go. I should have known when I checked in and the front desk lady was very rude that it would set the tone for the stay . The room had an odd odor. It was like a mix of dampness and smoke. When I uncovers the bed I noticed stains on the sheets. I'm not sure but it looked like blood. The toilet also hand stains like they hadn't cleaned it from the last guest. I called to change rooms and was advised they couldn't switch my room that since I had booked with Discount travel site I couldn't get switched or a refund. I left and moved to a new clean hotel. Avoid this place....

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank hudso
Carla W, Front Office Manager at Waterford Estates Lodge South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I only wish you would have requested to speak to the Manager on duty during your stay.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and everything was smooth. Lady at front desk was very nice and check in was pretty quick.

Room was nice, again it was just me but I had the essentials comfy bed, fridge the heat worked and the room was spacious.

Price was right I would stay here again if I am ever up this was again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your comments.

I am happy to hear that your stay was satisfactory.

Thank you for staying with Waterford Estates Lodge and we look forward to seeing you again in the furture.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Stayed at Waterford Estates recently to attend a Notre Dame football game. The hotel needs some updating and a good cleaning for sure. The staff was very friendly and have nothing but good things to say about that part of the stay. We had a leak in the ceiling right over our bed, which started in the early morning hours on the day of checkout. It was dripping on my husbands face (which later become something we all had a good laugh over), at the time however it was not funny! I did want to take the time to thank Waterford Estates though, for going above and beyond for making the situation right! Thank you to the front desk and the hotel manager for the level of attention you gave to this situation! We appreciate it!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank T O
Carla W, Front Office Manager at Waterford Estates Lodge South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Tripadvisor community.
I am sorry that you experienced a leaky ceiling in your room. I am happy that we were able to take care of the problem and make the situation satisfactory for you.

Thank you again for your comments, and we hope you will decide to stay with Waterford again in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Pros: Proximity to campus, big rooms, friendly staff, priced well.

Cons: Lack of cleanliness, thin walls.

I booked at the Waterford Estates Lodge SB after having visited a friend who was lodging there and really liking her room. The hotel itself looks like it is possibly undergoing a bit of upgrading and doesn't look like much outside. The grounds and exterior aren't very well kept, but the rooms are nice.

Check in went smooth, however the first room they gave me was in a building that smelled as if something was rotting. Immediately upon opening the door to the building it made me gag. Went to the room, but the smell was just so pervasive we couldn't handle it. The gentleman at the front desk was kind, explained they were really short staffed in housekeeping and accumulating garbage may have been the culprit. They were sold out for the weekend but he kindly found me another room. Unfortunately, a heavy smoker had been in the room.

Had other hotels in the area had rooms we just would have left at that point. As it was, we were stuck in the smoker room and just made sure to keep our clothes in our suitcases so they didn't smell quite as bad.

It was disappointing because the rooms themselves are great. Plenty of room, a coffee maker and micro, etc.

I most likely won't be back to the Waterford Estates unless there is no other option next time I'm in town.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank TiffanyKWM
Reviewed 26 September 2016

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were in good shape and clean. The breakfast on weekends is good but during the week it is bagels and toast, with juices and coffee. The building could use some updating but overall we had a good experience here.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family