US$130
US$104
Staybridge.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

Free cancellation until 29/07
  • Pool
US$159
US$154
GardenInn.com
Sleep Inn South Bend(South Bend)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$85
SleepInn
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$255
US$219
Fairfield Inn
Inn at Saint Mary's(South Bend)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$125
US$122
US$119
Hampton.com
The Oliver Inn(South Bend)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$140
All reviewsindoor and outdoor poolsnotre dameone night staybendconventiontournamentuniversity
Reviewed 13 October 2017

visited for 3 days last month and had a busy schedule that required help from front desk and room staff- Great assistance from very helpful staff on all the shifts. Thanks to each of them and management for a well trained and professional staff

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 524CTtraveler
Carla W, Front Office Manager at Waterford Estates Lodge South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Thank you for sharing your comments with the Waterford staff.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Large, very clean room. The bed was super comfortable. We didn't want to get out of bed. Free breakfast was continental. Coffee was really good. The outdoor pool was closed because it was October when we stayed. We did not get over to the indoor pool. It was in one of the other buildings. I would suggest if you are wanting to swim that you ask for a room near the pool, as the grounds are quite large. The hotel sits back off the street behind another hotel, so look for the sign at the street. There is no sign that I saw on the actual hotel building. I had to go in the door and ask if it was the Waterford. As a landmark, the attached restaurant has the name The Bend on the outside. The staff was very nice. The only problem we had was when we woke up in the morning, I looked at the window and noticed there was no lock and no stick to keep it from being opened (room 129). When I pulled on it, the window slid right open. We were on the first floor. That was kind of scary to think about. I reported it to the gal at the front desk and she said she would report it. Other than that, the hotel was 2 miles from the Morris Theater where we saw a wonderful show. Great time.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sunnyday711
Reviewed 17 September 2017

If you are looking for a good nights sleep...stay somewhere else. How this hotel has 3 star rating is beyond me. I guess you can buy it. Maybe because it has a open toilet for a swimming pool? Remember that this is a college town and those millennials don't give a hoot about slamming doors or blasting the TVs until 5:00 AM. Worst hotel I have stayed at in a long time. A real 3 star DUMP. Oh - the breakfast included - continental on Styrofoam plates. Pathetic.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris K
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Many folks stay here during football games or because they are visiting the university. I was visiting during a Cheer Team championship. Surprisingly, not noisy! Maybe the girls were too tired to run around the halls after their tryouts. But, this was an average room with a noisy A/C unit, in a rundown looking hotel. Way too expensive for what you got. The staff was really nice and helpful. Other than that, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We checked into the hotel in the late afternoon after driving from Chicago - the front desk clerk seemed put-out to check us in. After 15 minutes we headed around back to Building 7 to get into the room. The room was dirty - stained carpets, musty smell and stains in the bathroom. There was no way we could stay in the room. I went back to the front desk and spoke to the clerk - this is the dialogue,
"Checking in?"
"No, already did that"
"Your key won't work?"
"No, it worked fine."
"What can I help you with?"
I explained that the room was disgusting and that we were checking out. He gave me two business cards, one for the GM, and one for the head of cleaning. He then told me the property was for sale and asked if I wanted to buy it. He continued and told me the bank owned the property and the staff members were working for the bank.
He told me to call the GM and ask for a refund - in that my wife booked it through Hotels.com he wouldn't be able to refund any money at that moment. We packed all of our stuff and checked into the hotel that shares and adjacent parking lot with Waterford.
After yelling at a manager for Hotels.com we were able to get half of the money refunded.
Avoid this place at all costs and don't book through Hotels.com - call the hotels directly.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family