“Love the old world charm atmosphere”
Review of Kleptz

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kleptz
Ranked #111 of 237 Restaurants in Terre Haute
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

We always get great service and the Aussie steak is a must!
You can sit in the bar area and feel like you step back in time for a moment.
Great experience from the normal of Terre haute.
If it's nice out sit outside. But overall great food for the price and the customer service they go above and beyond to make sure your dining experience is a fabulous!!

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Amazing food, even MORE amazing prices for all the meals and drinks. Because I am a vegetarian, they let me make a meal out of 1 side from everyone at the table. My meal total came to just $5 for a glass of Ruffino Orvieto. AWESOME. Friendly staff, but really slow.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

After waiting a period of time we went and got our own silverware. The waiter said after telling him it was our daughter s birthday. "I'm not going to dance on the table". Food was less than quality. When complained that the crab cakes our daughter ordered were inedible, we were completely ignored. Not a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

I had a friend suggest that I try Kleptz, So my wife and I drove the hour to get there. And pulling up to the stoplight and seeing the building, I almost turned around. Boy that would have been a mistake!! This was one of the best meals I've had, After the appetizers of potato skins, stuffed mushrooms with sausage, fried green beans and fried green tomatoes I hat to tap out. But the steak and chicken with 3 sides the next day was as tender as if I just ordered it. If your looking for great comfort food stop at the Seelyville Indiana stoplight, loosen your belt and make yourself at home!

Reviewed 12 December 2015

We attended a holiday party in the upstairs party room. The downstairs main dining area is nothing fancy and had few people on this particular Thursday night. The party room is a large open space with a small bar at one end. Other than a small Christmas tree there were no other festive decorations so the place seemed drab. Our dinner was served buffet style. There was a large communal salad bowl with three different squeeze bottle dressings. I selected a small steak for my entrée. The accompanying sides were baked potatoes and canned green beans. The steak was tender and juicy, the potato large and perfectly baked, the green beans were your typical overly soft
buffet style veggie. Several different desserts were offered. I chose the creamy peanut butter pie. It was adequate. There was only one server who did a fine job setting up and clearing dishes. The meal was fine but nothing remarkable. I think Kleptz exists on its reputation with "old timers" in the area. If you like to support local establishments you can't get more local than this.

Been to Kleptz? Share your experiences!