All reviews extra towels garbage disposal fitness center front desk fresh towels hot water pool area room was clean i highly recommend this hotel other hotels stay there again kitchenette dishwasher walmart target ton sink
Reviewed 25 June 2015

I had never stay at an Suburban Extended Stay before, so I really didn't have any expectations. When we arrived, we were greeted with Laura at the front. She was very friendly, courteous, and helpful. A very good first impression for us. The room was nice and clean. Adequate for one night. It was nice to have the kitchenette, even though we really only used the refrigerator. My sons enjoyed the pool. If I were to give one place for improvement, it would be the in-room toiletries. One small bar of soap and a small bottle of shampoo. Any other property in Cedar Falls/Waterloo area would have offered more than that I'm sure, but not a huge deal.

I would recommend this property if you are in the Cedar Falls/Waterloo area. It was in a safe convenient location and the price was competitive with other properties in the area.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank VegasStrip
Dennis S, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of our Guest's feedback. We use your feedback to help improve the experience for all of our Guests.

I will pass along your kind comments about Laura to Laura and your comments regarding your clean room to our Housekeeping staff. We are glad that your sons enjoyed the pool.

We hope that you will make us your lodging choice the next time you are in the Cedar Falls area.

Reviewed 16 March 2015

Not only were they incredibly accommodating when we asked for more supplies, but when we asked to have a later check out due to a medical emergency, they extended our check out AND checked on our injured party when we came back to get our things. The facility was very nice and though there were several people there and a conference going on, it seemed like we were all alone. April Raed and Denny were an incredible team.

Room Tip: We had groups in different parts of the 2nd floor as well as on the 3rd floor and everyone was satisfied with the experience.
1  Thank UnsatisfiedPatron
Dennis S, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2015

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on our hotel. We use all feedback to help ourselves improve our ability to provide an exceptional experience for all our Guests.

I have passed on your compliments to April and Raed and have added my own thank you's to them. My staff is what makes it possible to provide a level of service that results in wonderful comments like yours.

We hope that there is another Roller Derby tournament in the area and hope that you will stay with us for the tournament.

Reviewed 16 March 2015

I just stayed at this location this past weekend and I cannot express how wonderful the experience was. They went out of their way to make sure we had the best experience possible.

I was travelling with my roller derby team and we normally stay at Choice Hotels to make sure and get as many points as we can but this was our first time at a Suburban Hotel. The facilities were very plane in the way of decor but great in the sense of function. The rooms were modern and well kept. They are stocked with a stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, pots and pans, cooking utensils, timer, and even a garbage disposal. This was very handy for several of us attending the 2 day tournament.

Where the hotel really shines is in its Staff. Denny(the GM), April, and Raed all bent over backwards with our oddball requests and handled the craziness that comes with a Roller Derby team exceptionally well. On the first night they allowed us some extended pool time as long as we promised to keep it calm and quiet which we did. We bothered them several times for extras and they were happy to please and even hunted down extra non-decaf coffee for us which might have been out in the supply room.

On the last day of our stay we had a really early game which would have made it more stressful to pack up and get checked out first thing in the morning. They were glad to help us by giving us a late check out so that we could come back and pack, shower, relax after our game. What really shows the compassion of the staff is that one of our skaters ended up in the ER for an injury and our coach called the Suburban with a list of the rooms we were in and told them that we would not be able to meet our already extended checkout time. The staff told us to take care of what we needed and not to worry about checking out. Just take care of our teammate and come back when we could. Several hours later when we finally got back and got loaded up we checked out and they did not charge us any extra fees or try to charge us for an extra day which many hotels would. They stuck to the original pricing we had set even though we went well into an additional day. They showed genuine concern about our teammate and wanted to know how she was doing. They wished us well on our 7+ hour drive back home and we finally parted with the Suburban. If we are ever in that area we will certainly be staying with them again.

2  Thank Jimmy B

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We are pleased that we were able to take care of your "oddball requests". We strive to do as much as we possibly can for our Guests to make their stay and exceptional experience.

I have passed on your kudos to April and Raed and added my own to yours.

We look forward your team returning and hope that we are you lodging choice when you do.

Reviewed 16 March 2015

I want to give a HUGE shout out to this place. I travel a fair amount for roller derby, and this is easily one of the nicest and most accommodating hotels I've stayed at, and for a great price! The hotel was clean, and the staff was helpful and understanding. I will absolutely stay there again, if we make it back up that way!

2  Thank LethalObjection

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that we were able to provide you with an experience that was amazing.

We hope that you are able to return to the area and we difinitely hope that we are your lodging choice when you return.

Reviewed 15 March 2015

This hotel is very, very basic. It is clean and modern but lacks any personal touches. The bathroom amenities included a bottle of shampoo and a bar of soap. To be fair, it did have a kitchenette with other amenities, but we were not in need of those things. The main reason we picked this hotel for an overnight was because they allowed dogs. We were grateful to be able to bring our pup along. The bed was not very comfortable but that could just be a preference thing. The hotel was friendly and check in was easy.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Dennis S, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of the comments we receive.
We use the comments to improve the experience we provide our Guests.

We are glad you were able to bring your pup with you for this stay.

I am sorry that you were disappointed in the amenities we offer. It's true, because we are an extended stay hotel, we don't offer the same amenities that other hotels may offer. As you said we do have kitchenettes in all of our rooms - complete with everything you need to cook and eat your own meals. I understand that to a single night Guest this may not carry as much weight as it does for our extended stay Guests.

We hope that you will consider us again when you visit the Cedar Falls area. We would love to have you and your pup here with us again.