Review Highlights
Well Maintained

The arboretum is well maintained. Parking lot is right at the entry to the arboretum. We were... read more

Reviewed 23 June 2017
BKCK
Peoria, IL
A great place to take an early morning walk

Enjoyed finding the names of trees and plants that I would like to have in my own garden/yard. It... read more

Reviewed 12 June 2017
CJAJ19471950
Pella

All reviews trees and plants creek running beautiful summer nature herbs visitors home
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

I am fortunate to have the arboretum a short walk from my home. It is always peaceful, always beautiful, and the plants and trees seem to change daily as the seasons progress. There is no charge to visit, which is truly amazing as any other similar nature venue of this caliber charges for entry. The trees and plants are labeled with both their common and scientific names so it is possible to appreciate how a particular plant might "work" in one's home landscape. A true gem and a must-have for visitors to the area.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Beautiful, peaceful, educational place. I saw my first bluebird here! A sea of dafodils in the Spring, Lovely color in the Fall, Summer herb garden. Great fro kids to learn about nature first hand

Reviewed 30 September 2016

This is a hidden gem. It is a place for those who are able to hike up and down. We did a lot of walking off the paths and on the grass. Trees are well labeled and there are some other gardens along the paths. It is a peaceful place that you can not only enjoy the land but also the birds and other creatures this that live here.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

I have been to a couple other arboretums in Iowa so that kind of spoiled this for me, as they are a lot nicer. However, this one was free and I had to pay for the others. I think if they did have people pay like $2.00 and take donations, they could make some improvements like more walking paths, so you don't have to walk down slippery hills when the grass is wet in the am like when we went. Also it is not handicapped accessible very far into it. Also the water fall was not working which was kind of a bummer. There also was the tour guide... a white and black cat that wanted constant attention. But they do have some lovely flowers, trees and plants. A nice diversion while visiting Clinton.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

The Arb is my favorite place in the whole city! I love to walk through the beautiful grounds that feature over 2,000 trees, shrubs and conifers of all sizes. Birds of all kinds call this 14-acre gem home. Stop by anytime from dawn until dusk every single day of the year to wander this well cared for and treasured outdoor museum. It's free and all ages and abilities are welcome.