“Good dinner and accommodating staff!”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #20 of 75 Restaurants in Clive
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My elderly mother LOVED her chicken dish! My steak was well prepared, and the blondie dessert was decadent!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

This was my last dinner out on my drive back to Ontario from my book signing in LA. I stopped at the Econo Lodge in Urbandale and found one of my favorite restaurants, Applebee's, nearby. Like Denny's, I love this chain because they are always so attentive to people with dietary restrictions.
I called my order in, left right away and only stopped briefly to get gas. When I got there, my order was ready to go and the bartender was very friendly. If I hadn't been so tired, I would have eaten in, but the restaurant was clean and the staff eager to please.
I'd asked for extra pico and it was there with the rest of my Fiesta Lime Chicken, everything packaged up nice, with the pico in separate containers. It was great food and the next time I return, I'll be sure to eat in house.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

This was convenient to our hotel, but all the food was dry and overcooked. There was a large group dining there, so it was very noisy, and they originally seated us right by the large group, even though the restaurant was not crowded.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Staff was very enjoyable and handled a party of 20 with ease. Great service and friendly atmosphere. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We like their 2 for $20 specials...pick one appetizer to share, and one entree each for two people. Daughter had side Caesar salad (she said the Parmesan shreds were too big) and I had garden with Italian dressing. I had the broiled chicken with lime, a heart healthy choice at 540 calories. I liked it. Served with cranberry rice quinoa.
She had chicken strips and fries which she said were average.
We asked the hostess what we could order that would take 30 minutes or less, and she wasn't very knowledgeable. Server didn't greet us. Not overly friendly.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!