“Sushi? In Des Moines?”
Review of Wasabi Chi

Wasabi Chi
Ranked #41 of 581 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Description: Newly opened. Just reviewed today in The Des Moines Register Newspaper. Great value, service and sushi as well as various Asian dishes.
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Sushi probably isn't the first type of food that comes to mind when you think of Des Moines Iowa but that could change after a visit to Wasabi Chi. I was in town for business and didnt want to eat a heavy meal before driving back to the Twin Cities so sushi was my choice. I had seen the positive reviews and decided it was worth a shot. I have to say that the reviews are spot on! I had the Marilyn Monroll (yeah I know it sounds corny) and it was phenomenal. It was a spicy tuna, spicy salmon roll with avocado and a torched white tuna on top with sambal chili sauce. Everything was fresh and the flavors were bright and perfectly blended together. This is sushi the way it is supposed to be! I have had sushi and restaurants around the country and this doesn't take a back seat to any of them. Sushi in Des Moines. Who knew?

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

We visited wasabi after hearing rave reviews. I must say I absolutely agree, I had the king crunch roll and my boyfriend had the New York strip skillet. Both were fantastic and incredibly tasty! Service was wonderful, we didn't have reservations but didn't have to wait long at all. I'll definitely be back, this is a great place for couples, friends or families.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Just awesome Asian fusion.
As a Thai food fanatic I loved the Tom Yum soup and their Red Curry Chicken.
Good service, great quality and tasting food, what more does one person need!

Reviewed 9 August 2016

I came here for one night last week, while traveling on business, and found the sushi to be very good, and very well priced for the quantity. The service was also very good too, and I definitely would come back here when next in Des Moines. If you are staying in a downtown hotel, it's located in a great spot of downtown, close to everything, and only a few blocks from the Convention Center.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Both the food and the staff at this beloved Des Moines Japanese eatery are notably superb!! My hubby and I have visited here quite often since moving to Iowa in January. Every single time the food is fresh, hot and delicious and I can't say enough about the fantastic staff. From the hostess to the waitstaff and manager, you are greeted like an old friend. Your waiter will dote on you without hovering, somehow finding the perfect balance.

Friday and Saturday nights there is often a wait but this is one of the few places that is completely worth it. We've been for lunch and for dinner, during the weekend and the week and the service and food are unfailingly excellent.

If you've been looking for a GREAT Japanese restaurant, look no further! My husband and I will continue to patronize this wonderful restaurant and count ourselves lucky that we live close enough to go often!