“Excellent sushi, reasonably priced!”
Review of Wasabi Chi

Wasabi Chi
Ranked #42 of 581 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Description: Newly opened. Just reviewed today in The Des Moines Register Newspaper. Great value, service and sushi as well as various Asian dishes.
Reviewed 15 March 2017

I ordered a Philadelphia roll, tuna and avocado roll, miso soup and pork dumplings. The miso soup was wonderful. small cubes of tofu, some very nice seaweed leaves and a great broth served nice and hot, perfect for a cold March day. Both rolls were excellent, I asked for a small side of sesame seeds and they were provided without delay. The tuna felt as though it melted in my mouth. Smoked salmon was also very good, no tough chewy bits at all. Vegetables in both rolls were fresh and the cucumber was crisp. Sushi rice was great, nice flavor and not too thin of a layer, but also not too thick! the pork dumplings were fine. The tuna avocado roll stole the show.
Dined with a group and the server had no problem providing individual checks. Interior of the restaurant was nice. We sat in the front by the bar. Very quiet and nice soft music playing over the speakers in the background.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

When you think Des Moines Iowa, top notch sushi restaurants are probably not the first thing that comes to mind. However, Wasabi Chi could hold their own against most sushi restaurants in the U.S. I travel for work and sushi is a favorite. Fresh food, amazing service, in a great atmosphere. The Waukee location is a must and the Seafood Tom Yum Soup... WOW!

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Sushi probably isn't the first type of food that comes to mind when you think of Des Moines Iowa but that could change after a visit to Wasabi Chi. I was in town for business and didnt want to eat a heavy meal before driving back to the Twin Cities so sushi was my choice. I had seen the positive reviews and decided it was worth a shot. I have to say that the reviews are spot on! I had the Marilyn Monroll (yeah I know it sounds corny) and it was phenomenal. It was a spicy tuna, spicy salmon roll with avocado and a torched white tuna on top with sambal chili sauce. Everything was fresh and the flavors were bright and perfectly blended together. This is sushi the way it is supposed to be! I have had sushi and restaurants around the country and this doesn't take a back seat to any of them. Sushi in Des Moines. Who knew?

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

We visited wasabi after hearing rave reviews. I must say I absolutely agree, I had the king crunch roll and my boyfriend had the New York strip skillet. Both were fantastic and incredibly tasty! Service was wonderful, we didn't have reservations but didn't have to wait long at all. I'll definitely be back, this is a great place for couples, friends or families.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Just awesome Asian fusion.
As a Thai food fanatic I loved the Tom Yum soup and their Red Curry Chicken.
Good service, great quality and tasting food, what more does one person need!